Summer "Only" Tire Recommendations

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Hello all -
I am a somewhat infrequent visitor to the the site these days. I've tried reading some of the threads, this is an apology in advance if this has been covered frequently.

I have a 21 Bronco Sport Badlands with the "base" wheels/tires, i.e. the 225's. I also run in the winter take-off's from a Maverick XL with studded snows mounted on them (which work great and make the BS BL a wintertime beast). I live in an area which gets it share of winter driving.

The original OEM all seasons are pretty much shot so I would like to get new tires soon for the upcoming spring/summer. Since I have dedicated snows on dedicated wheels, I really don't care about winter snow handling ability. I also haven't taken the BS BL off road (just some dirt roads for the most part) and it gets mostly highway/paved road driving, but I want tires that would be decent in mud/gravel/dirt and of course on wet/windy roads.

Any ideas of what I should be honing in on in terms of new tires?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
@Tigger is right. Another option is the Falken A/T3W, which is the optional OE tire. It may be difficult to find these as they've been superseded by the A/T4W (which is heavier tire with less user data), but you may be able to find some out there somewhere. Check with @Discount Tire; they are a site supporter.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
@Tigger is right. Another option is the Falken A/T3W, which is the optional OE tire. It may be difficult to find these as they've been superseded by the A/T4W (which is heavier tire with less user data), but you may be able to find some out there somewhere. Check with @Discount Tire; they are a site supporter.
I took a look at them at @Discount Tire but I have no semi-local stores. It doesn't appear that they ship? I do sometimes travel to PA (the vehicle is actually there w/my son at the moment), so maybe I could arrange things to do while passing through.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Hello all -
I am a somewhat infrequent visitor to the the site these days. I've tried reading some of the threads, this is an apology in advance if this has been covered frequently.

I have a 21 Bronco Sport Badlands with the "base" wheels/tires, i.e. the 225's. I also run in the winter take-off's from a Maverick XL with studded snows mounted on them (which work great and make the BS BL a wintertime beast). I live in an area which gets it share of winter driving.

The original OEM all seasons are pretty much shot so I would like to get new tires soon for the upcoming spring/summer. Since I have dedicated snows on dedicated wheels, I really don't care about winter snow handling ability. I also haven't taken the BS BL off road (just some dirt roads for the most part) and it gets mostly highway/paved road driving, but I want tires that would be decent in mud/gravel/dirt and of course on wet/windy roads.

Thanks.
Another option would be the Falken A/T Trail just like the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A is designed for mild off roading and has great highway mannerisms. We do have store locations in PA and they are known as America's Tire. Hope you don't mind us sending you a DM.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Another option would be the Falken A/T Trail just like the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A is designed for mild off roading and has great highway mannerisms. We do have store locations in PA and they are known as America's Tire. Hope you don't mind us sending you a DM.
Responded to your DM.

I have the AT/3W's (235 /65 R17) in my cart.

The issue I am facing is that my son has the vehicle in PA at the moment, but is an OTR (over the road) truck driver. Because of this, it is difficult to pick an appointment time as when he will next be in the area is "fluid". I don't mind paying for the tires and having them shipped to one of the stores in the area, but it is difficult to pick a date for installation (or even not pick an installation date given we only have a 10 day window to pick them up).

I really don't want to make a 4-5 hour trip (myself) to get them if his Home Time gets delayed. Or I can try to wait it out a bit (and hope they don't sell out).

hdave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
I'm going to go out and make a bold suggestion... Michelin Defender.
It sounds like 99% of your driving is on-road, even with gravel and dirt they will be good.
The ONLY issue you will have is wet mud.

Why get a tire for 1% of your drive, when it will make the rest of it more useless.
AT tires will be louder and have worse fuel economy compared to a road tire, but they will handle the wet mud and obviously look much better.

Just a though worth considering.

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Hello all -

Thanks.
I'm a fan or Toyo Open Country ATIII or Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I've owned BFG KO2S on my Jeep and tried them on my Baby Bronco ... loved them on the Jeep and loved the looks on my Bronco ... but in my opinion, the BFGs didn't give me the highway road quality that I needed. I currently have the Toyo's ... good on the highway and for the times I go off road ... performed well. With that being said ... all 3 ... the Toyo, Falken and BFGs are EXCELLENT choices. Good luck!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Thanks all. I decided to order the Falken A/T3W's, having them shipped to my door.

I'm thinking of doing a trip late March/early April out west - don't want to go that distance with Stud's on (especially through states like IL where studs are illegal) so the new tires will get a workout.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Thanks all. I decided to order the Falken A/T3W's, having them shipped to my door.

I'm thinking of doing a trip late March/early April out west - don't want to go that distance with Stud's on (especially through states like IL where studs are illegal) so the new tires will get a workout.
Thank you for your business and support, we greatly appreciate it. Please let us know how they do on your trip.
Sponsored