jhnvan

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I have quite a bit of weight in my bs obx from my rtt, skid plates and other things and the rear of the car is actually lower then the front.

I just purchased a hrg lift kit but i feel like the rear will still be drooping lower then the front when i install it. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company that would make a stiffer rear spring to compensate for the added weight?

Cheers!
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have quite a bit of weight in my bs obx from my rtt, skid plates and other things and the rear of the car is actually lower then the front.

I just purchased a hrg lift kit but i feel like the rear will still be drooping lower then the front when i install it. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company that would make a stiffer rear spring to compensate for the added weight?

Cheers!
Mark S installed helper air springs

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/installed-air-lift-helper-springs-on-bronco-sport-badlands.7471/#post-146383

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
You can buy springs from many different suppliers. The kit that I bought from Flatout Suspension came with 12” / 250 lb per inch springs. Those springs are from a company called Landrum. You can find similar from companies like Eibach or H&R or etc…

Mark’s idea with helpers is great if the weight will vary from day to day.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
In addition to the above suggestion, there are a couple more options.

#1. There are a couple of companies that make springs intended to lift the entire car. You could get one of those Spring Lift kits and just install the rear springs. These seem to lift about 1-1.3"

#2. Flatout coilovers come with a sprimg height adjuster, in the rear. If they will sell you just that adjuster, you could buy any 2.5" I.d. spring you wanted and adjust it over a wide range of heights. If you go for this option, I'd get a 12-13" spring, at whatever rate Flatout recommended but I'd guess it would be a ~300-350lbs spring.

I know @Flatout Suspension is in the business of selling coilovers but I'm actually kind of surprised they don't market their rear spring adjusters, with a pair of springs, as a rear level/Lift/over load kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jhnvan

jhnvan

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Yeah flatout option is out of my price range and they have an over 10 weeks lead time hence why i bought the hrg lift kit.

The leveling springs options are longer but not stiffer.... i want to lift the car but also have the suspension be stiffer so I'm maintaining my negative to positive travel ratio.

The stiffer springs i just need to figure out what weight i need for them is my main concern. Are the 250lbs springs the overload option or the comfort option from them??

The bags might be a good option as well and those are available in Vancouver where i am But I'm uncertain as to how that will change the suspension handling offroad?
Sponsored