YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m also using X Plan and was under the impression that the dealer CANNOT deny the use of it, unless it is specified in the plan. Example: you can’t get the Mustang GT500 on any plan. Make sure you report them. I understand the shortages are hurting dealers everywhere, but they shouldn’t be gouging like that.
I know. It sucks. Nothing in life is worse that having your expectations dashed.
The following isn't going to make it any easier to swallow. Sorry about that.

Not to defend Ford or anything, but, quoting Larry Potterfied: "That's the way it is"

After 45+ years of A/X/Z Plan experience as an employee and now as a retiree, I can say factually that the dealer is under no obligation to honor any Ford purchase plan on any transaction that they choose. However, if they do decide to honor the purchase plan, they must abide by ALL the rules of the plan (such as the price, providing a copy of the dealer invoice, specified charges for document preparation, and things like that). Also in my experience, Ford Motor Company will always back the dealer on this.

Excerpt from the A/X/Z Plan Rules from the Plan website:

"Dealership Obligations and Rules

• Participating dealerships agree to comply with all of the terms outlined in this document, including the Red Carpet Lease Option provisions. Authorized Ford, and Lincoln dealerships are encouraged, but not obligated, to participate in the New Vehicle Purchase Program. "

(Note: Your X-Plan sponsor should have provided you with this information, or you should have received it from Ford when you got your PIN. It's buried in the fine print.)
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Stay away from Koons Ford, Falls Church, VA or any of their locations; in my opinion. We found a Bronco Sport First Edition and drove 1.5 hours to test drive and buy it. We spoke to the dealership several times and asked about the price. No one gave a straight answer. First we were told MSRP ($39,995), then we were told $47,000, and finally today after the test drive, sitting with the salesman - he says "There is a premium on this car" "$15,000 over MSRP. I said that I am using X Plan. He gets his manager who said " No X Plan, No MSRP, $15,000 over if you want it." My wife and I are both senior citizens, we got up and left. Ford corporate will be hearing from us...like they care LOL.

Koons Ford
1051 E Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22044
Unfortunately this dealer has taken the situation to the extreme but it is far from an isolated occurrence. I found a dealer in NJ that had a BS I was interested in, after a 2 hours drive and testing the vehicle I was told the price included a "fair market adjustment" over MSRP. Over the past few months I have come across 6 other dealers in my area charging anywhere from $4500 to $12000 over MSRP for cars they don't even have in stock yet. The dealers are getting away with this practice in part because some people are willing to pay the the inflated prices and Ford isn't discouraging the practice. I know the dealers are hurting due to the shortages but the consumer is the one paying for the problem. The fact that Ford introduced the Bronco, Bronco Sport, MachE, F150 Lightning and the Maverick in the middle of the pandemic doesn't seem like a well thought out plan to me.

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Stay away from Koons Ford, Falls Church, VA or any of their locations; in my opinion. We found a Bronco Sport First Edition and drove 1.5 hours to test drive and buy it. We spoke to the dealership several times and asked about the price. No one gave a straight answer. First we were told MSRP ($39,995), then we were told $47,000, and finally today after the test drive, sitting with the salesman - he says "There is a premium on this car" "$15,000 over MSRP. I said that I am using X Plan. He gets his manager who said " No X Plan, No MSRP, $15,000 over if you want it." My wife and I are both senior citizens, we got up and left. Ford corporate will be hearing from us...like they care LOL.

Koons Ford
1051 E Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22044
You dodged a bullet here. I bought my 2016 Fusion Hybrid from them and regretted it straight away. Not only did I not get as good of a price as they indicated (mud on my face for not doing more research), they gave no bits about me once I left the showroom. Service was habitually poor and you could tell they were about volume, not quality. This was doubly so when I had an accident within the first year that needed significant repairs and my insurance strongly encouraged going back to the dealer. Long story short, after incredible delays and back-and-forth they claimed repairs on the alignment and the AC that just weren't fixed.

Anyway, Koons relentlessly advertises in the DC area (dopey ads, I may add). In this case, it true that the more a company advertises, the more its compensating for something. For the Bronco Sport, it was anywhere but there so I went with Oursisman in Alexandria for my Big Bend. It was the last one in 200 miles with a moonroof so the jacked me $3,000 over MSRP for it. Not happy about that, but definitely better than the bilking Koons tried on you. Sorry to hear and good luck getting your new baby!

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Not sure if this ever got resolved, but whenever I have an issue with anyone, I find the CEO’s email and demand that executive customer service reach out. You can usually bend over and they’ll pucker up at that point. The last thing a CEO wants in their busy day is dealing with someone who’s annoyed.

nd2432

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm from the NoVA area. There's a Koons dealership nearby me in Sterling, VA. They're also terrible. Visited them last summer wanting to look at their Bronco Sport they had on the lot. Was told it was unlocked, so I get in and start looking around. Somehow managed to lock the doors from outside (without a key as it was inside and far away, and without knowing at the time how to lock via the driver side keypad). Girlfriend tried opening it (from the outside) not knowing it was locked and the alarm started blaring for some reason. Not really sure what happened to trip the alarm. Went inside to get a rep to turn the alarm off and unlock the car so we could continue to look at it. Rep was standing 5 feet away from the car and said "Don't worry about the alarm". I asked him to get the key to unlock it he said "No it's fine". Explained I was interested in purchasing the car and he just said "That's okay" and never moved. Went and grabbed the manager who didn't seem to care much either until I showed them the cashiers check (with the dealers name on it already) that I fully intended to use to buy the car - and that's when they went to go grab the keys. Told him I was no longer interested and he started apologizing. They were also asking $6K over asking on an Outer Banks of all models. Walked out and headed back to the bank to get a new check for Jerry's Leesburg Ford which is about 15 minutes north and they hooked me up with a Badlands + Badlands for MSRP. Stay away from Koons.
Sponsored