Cyclone Curt

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '60 Healey, '31 "A" Pickup
My Bronco Sport BL stalled in the middle of a street this morning. Warning message was "Accessory Overload" and a note flashed on the screen to shift to neutral and try restarting. It didn't restart. When it rolled to a stop I shifted to Park, and it still wouldn't restart. Nor could I go back to neutral. I turned off the radio, the defroster, seat heater and steering wheel heater. No restart. I called a tow truck. A few minutes later I decided to try one more time and the vehicle started. No problems since.

The temp was a chilly 9 degrees F. I had already driven the vehicle about 10 blocks without problem. The failure occurred just after I got back to the vehicle after running a quick errand. The BS was built this past June and has 7K miles on it. Next step is to get it checked out at a dealer. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or have any suggestions on troubleshooting?

This is my first problem with vehicle. I absolutely love the vehicle otherwise.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Wow, that's an odd one for sure. Please keep us posted on what the diagnosis turns up (is anything).

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have not experienced this. But would be very curious to see what could trigger this. Anything show up in Ford Pass App?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
My Bronco Sport BL stalled in the middle of a street this morning. Warning message was "Accessory Overload" and a note flashed on the screen to shift to neutral and try restarting. It didn't restart. When it rolled to a stop I shifted to Park, and it still wouldn't restart. Nor could I go back to neutral. I turned off the radio, the defroster, seat heater and steering wheel heater. No restart. I called a tow truck. A few minutes later I decided to try one more time and the vehicle started. No problems since.

The temp was a chilly 9 degrees F. I had already driven the vehicle about 10 blocks without problem. The failure occurred just after I got back to the vehicle after running a quick errand. The BS was built this past June and has 7K miles on it. Next step is to get it checked out at a dealer. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or have any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Yep, that's a new problem for sure....... I've had mine over a year, no problems and I haven't read any problems like that before.

Anything plugged into the USB or AC ports or any additional equipment installed?

Curious if any error codes show up.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this stalling concern for you? Thank you!

OP
OP

Cyclone Curt

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '60 Healey, '31 "A" Pickup
Nothing plugged in to USB or AC ports. No additional equipment installed. Vehicle is still bone stock as the day it was delivered. No alerts on Ford Pass. I'll keep you posted on dealer feedback.
Sponsored