Squeak Noise After Auto Stop/Start

First Name
Ashlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Purchased my 2022 BSBB brand new from dealership in September of 22. A couple of months later I noticed a squeak coming from the dash area ONLY after the auto stop/start turns back on. It spent 2 days back at the dealership shop where they were not able to find a solid solution. They said it didn't happen consistently enough to definitively identify source. (Of course it's consistent whenever I drive it.)

The technician said: "Traced noise to what sounds like it is coming from the climate housing, possibly the air inlet doors or actuator but unable to definitively identify source of the noise. Applied grease to air inlet door hinges at this time."

The greased air inlet door didn't work. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Or have any suggestions? It's a total mystery as of now.

I should also note that this does not seem to be connected to brakes in any way, as it happens whether I'm still pressing the brakes or not.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Purchased my 2022 BSBB brand new from dealership in September of 22. A couple of months later I noticed a squeak coming from the dash area ONLY after the auto stop/start turns back on. It spent 2 days back at the dealership shop where they were not able to find a solid solution. They said it didn't happen consistently enough to definitively identify source. (Of course it's consistent whenever I drive it.)

The technician said: "Traced noise to what sounds like it is coming from the climate housing, possibly the air inlet doors or actuator but unable to definitively identify source of the noise. Applied grease to air inlet door hinges at this time."

The greased air inlet door didn't work. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Or have any suggestions? It's a total mystery as of now.

I should also note that this does not seem to be connected to brakes in any way, as it happens whether I'm still pressing the brakes or not.

Thanks in advance!!
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Maybe you should take your phone and try to record the noise for the technicians just to prove what you are saying. If this is possible?

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So if I read this correctly as long as the Auto start/stop is off you do not have this squeak?

OP
OP
BroncoBurnette
First Name
Ashlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes, correct! If I’m sitting at a stoplight and the engine auto turns off, when it turns back on about a full second later you hear the squeak. I’ll try to get a video to post on here if I can

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That could be a number of things even related to the motor starting back up. Say a motor mount for example but you think it may be in the dash?
I ultimately have no idea and am only trying to help....I'm sure you'll get it.
I know these types of noises drive me crazy until I find them so best of luck!

OP
OP
BroncoBurnette
First Name
Ashlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That could be a number of things even related to the motor starting back up. Say a motor mount for example but you think it may be in the dash?
It's definitely coming from the front area. Technician said dash

OP
OP
BroncoBurnette
First Name
Ashlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I ultimately have no idea and am only trying to help....I'm sure you'll get it.
I know these types of noises drive me crazy until I find them so best of luck!
Drives me crazy too! Thank you!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I don't think they're trying very hard or just got too focused on the dash if you pointed them that way. It probably sounds like the dash, but is actually the motor or some component up there. Try some belt dressing. Or change the climate settings to off. Maybe noise from the compressor belt or pulley is coming through the vent system when it actuates.

OP
OP
BroncoBurnette
First Name
Ashlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have the same issue just haven't taking it in, like you said it doesn't do it all the time.
You're the first person I've heard that is having the same issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one! I'll keep you posted on anything I find, if you wouldn't mind doing the same!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I don't think they're trying very hard or just got too focused on the dash if you pointed them that way. It probably sounds like the dash, but is actually the motor or some component up there. Try some belt dressing. Or change the climate settings to off. Maybe noise from the compressor belt or pulley is coming through the vent system when it actuates.
If the noise happens about a second after it restarts, I would doubt that it is the belt. The belt was my first thought but the timing doesn’t seem to be right.

coolsan

Outer Banks
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
How about if you turn off the engine the regular way and re-start it a minute later…is the sound there? Have you tried this on/off cycle in N and P?

my two cents

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
How about if you turn off the engine the regular way and re-start it a minute later…is the sound there? Have you tried this on/off cycle in N and P?

my two cents
Troubleshooting 101.
Sponsored