Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
What is wrong is that they say the spacer lift introduces extra stress on the driveline components but doesn't say that for the spring lift. Both put the suspension in a higher standard/starting position which means the driveline is also in the same "more articulated" position. Basically, both types of lift are not great for CV joints, or at a minimum work them harder.

I only read the first post, so if this is listed later in the thread, I haven't gotten there yet.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Basically, both types of lift are not great for CV joints, or at a minimum work them harder.
I don't know if the issue is discussed in that thread, but it's a major topic in another thread describing a warranty claim denial due to a lift-kit installation.

I haven't heard about widespread CV joint problems with either the Maverick or the Bronco Sport, but there cannot be any question that changing suspension geometry can have deleterious side effects.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Any lift changes cv angles. Spacer, spring etc. you can have issues past certain point. That’s any vehicle. These are more susceptible to those changes since there’s no upper control arm you can change for adjustments and you cannot change the lowers.
Lifting also pushes the wheel towards the strut assembly because of the static upper and pushing down the lower arm. People are concerned with lifting, but not adding an extra 20lbs per corner with tires and rims. RTT etc. Ball joints is what I’m waiting to see that people are beating up and or wallowing out the aluminum arm mounts because of the extra weight and geometry changes. Grip it and rip it. The CV angles aren’t that bad after HRG on mine

bucking915

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I'll be doing eibach springs when ever they become available.

Not super comfortable with a spacer kit adding extra droop. This might be the reason most spacer lifts have extra hardware in the rear.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
People come to me often asking advice on this or that used vehicle.
I always tell them a modified engine will most likely have been pushed hard and to avoid it.
And to stay away from lifted or lowered vehicles.
Excluding purposely built Jeeps And true 4x4’s that are designed to accept a done right lift.
I had one who didn’t listen.
He found out how expensive CV joints and control arms are.
IMHO the Bronco sport should not be lifted more than what Ford did at the factory on what ever model has the one inch lift.
Or was it 1.5”
It’s a unibody not a true body on a rail frame.
Sponsored