Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Thanks. I talk to SiriusXM and did a master reset. Now it's working, but I do remember the problems started after the last update.
I sincerely hope it keeps working for you, but a lot of people on other forums report that the master reset only fixes it for a few days.

My maps showed me in the middle of lake Erie instead of my driveway.
After the update a few weeks ago, my vehicle thought it was back in Dearborn for about 10 minutes.

I went to three different dealers today and called a fourth. No one was willing to just help me out with a quick intervention. They're slammed with work, so I am understanding of that, but I literally just need a service-tech-only piece of software on a USB drive. I brought a USB too! They can plug it in and walk away and it does the rest in less than 30 mins. I wasn't able to schedule service for this until after 4th of July!! I know, I know, they want it all in the computer and documented and handled by the "trained software guy". So I'm probably SOL. I understand their position, but I'm bummed out about it. I'm going to hit the Ford toll free # next and see if I can get a .zip package sent to me. According to that TSB it's just the firmware in some APIM modules that needs updating to make the Sync package work. I accept that the car is 'drivable' in this state but darned if it wasn't all the computer stuff that was my one reservation about getting a new vehicle. This is why, no control by the end user. Might as well be a lease when they hold the aces.
Sponsored

rjm3564

Outer Banks
First Name
Rogers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I sincerely hope it keeps working for you, but a lot of people on other forums report that the master reset only fixes it for a few days.

After the update a few weeks ago, my vehicle thought it was back in Dearborn for about 10 minutes.

I went to three different dealers today and called a fourth. No one was willing to just help me out with a quick intervention. They're slammed with work, so I am understanding of that, but I literally just need a service-tech-only piece of software on a USB drive. I brought a USB too! They can plug it in and walk away and it does the rest in less than 30 mins. I wasn't able to schedule service for this until after 4th of July!! I know, I know, they want it all in the computer and documented and handled by the "trained software guy". So I'm probably SOL. I understand their position, but I'm bummed out about it. I'm going to hit the Ford toll free # next and see if I can get a .zip package sent to me. According to that TSB it's just the firmware in some APIM modules that needs updating to make the Sync package work. I accept that the car is 'drivable' in this state but darned if it wasn't all the computer stuff that was my one reservation about getting a new vehicle. This is why, no control by the end user. Might as well be a lease when they hold the aces.
You were right, after 2 days it started to lose sound again. Taking it to ford dealer next week.

Sprat

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2019 Acura RDX
I took delivery of my Bronco Sport on 9/3/21. I have had this issue happen to me twice in two weeks. Screen freezes while using Sirius and absolutely no volume, nor can I change channels. My FM does work as does my AM. I am super frustrated by this. I have a 2019 Acura RDX A-spec and have only had one Sirius XM issue and it "reset" once I shut off my vehicle and restarted. I will be trying the master reset once I read up on how to do it. This is the most user unfriendly touch system ever! I do have the 360 assist on my BS.