Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
This has happened 3 times in the past few weeks. It’s happened to several other owners as well. The subject was raised on a BS Facebook page. I’m curious if it’s happened to anyone in this group. When SiriusXM goes out you can still play am/fm etc. it’s not on SiriusXM’s end, that’s been checked.
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
This has happened 3 times in the past few weeks. It’s happened to several other owners as well. The subject was raised on a BS Facebook page. I’m curious if it’s happened to anyone in this group. When SiriusXM goes out you can still play am/fm etc. it’s not on SiriusXM’s end, that’s been checked.
I had this happen when I am backed up to the loading dock at my shop, and when parked against my local bank using the ATM my guess is the signal can be blocked by buildings under the right conditions

rjm3564

Outer Banks
First Name
Rogers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has happened to mine at least 4 times since I have had the vehicle. Just got off the phone with Sirius and it's not their issue. Taking to Ford dealer this morning. All the audio sources play when xm does this. No sound and they channels lock up. I have 3 other vehicles with xm and they don't do this. This happened in my driveway this morning. All the other vehicles were playing.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Has happened to mine at least 4 times since I have had the vehicle. Just got off the phone with Sirius and it's not their issue. Taking to Ford dealer this morning. All the audio sources play when xm does this. No sound and they channels lock up. I have 3 other vehicles with xm and they don't do this. This happened in my driveway this morning. All the other vehicles were playing.
Hate to say this...it is a Sirius/XM issue. I've had the same thing happen with other vehicles/systems. My daughter has an 03 beetle. Parts of Kalamazoo she gets no signal at all. They claim it's not their problem...it is. Mine cuts out in the garage, and certain areas around town with heavy overhead obstruction or different electric interference. Where Ford MAY have some culpability is the antenna set up. If your FM/AM etc works it's not the radio system.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I haven't had an issues with Sirius/XM in any of my last 4 vehicles, including my BS. I pretty much use it exclusively while in the car. I've had bluetooth phone connection issues more frequently though, in my Ranger also.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's the Sync 21020 update. Usually XM can be restored by restarting the car but that isn't convenient all the time, so instead, hold down the power and fast forward buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds to reset the head unit. People say the 21098 update fixes the problem, but Ford hasn't made it available to Bronco Sport vehicles. I'm actually planning to go to a dealer today and insist they either roll it back to the last version or update it. Ford hasn't answered any of my inquiries on their social media contact points.

OP
OP

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
It's the Sync 21020 update. Usually XM can be restored by restarting the car but that isn't convenient all the time, so instead, hold down the power and fast forward buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds to reset the head unit. People say the 21098 update fixes the problem, but Ford hasn't made it available to Bronco Sport vehicles. I'm actually planning to go to a dealer today and insist they either roll it back to the last version or update it. Ford hasn't answered any of my inquiries on their social media contact points.
thanks. What a pain.

OP
OP

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Hate to say this...it is a Sirius/XM issue. I've had the same thing happen with other vehicles/systems. My daughter has an 03 beetle. Parts of Kalamazoo she gets no signal at all. They claim it's not their problem...it is. Mine cuts out in the garage, and certain areas around town with heavy overhead obstruction or different electric interference. Where Ford MAY have some culpability is the antenna set up. If your FM/AM etc works it's not the radio system.
it’s not a signal issue. It comply shuts down

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
This is the ideal solution, either roll back to the previous version of Sync 3.4 or you can use a 3rd party to update to 21098 and that should restore SiriusXM

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
As in the entire infotainment screen goes down?
It doesn't go blackout. If it's like mine, the Audio screen is on XM just like it looks when it's working, showing the channel and presets and all that jazz. But, there's no audio. Nothing plays. The screen responds to touch. You can press channel up, or a XM preset and it shows the press, but nothing changes. If you press "Source" you can switch sources to anything else- and that works. But when you go back to XM source, it's still stuck, and no audio.

At this point, if you go to the Apps screen, and open Sirius TravelLink and flip to the last screen, there is a "Subscriptions" panel. There are about 12 things subscribed from Music to Parking to Movies and Weather. Some of them will show active subscription and some won't. It constantly changes states. Also if you go to the vehicle settings and open the HotSpot settings it won't show your current data use and sometimes even says you don't have a modem onboard.

It all worked until the day my vehicle did the Sync update. I don't know if every vehicle is affected. I kinda sorta think only Navigation equipped cars (i.e. 360+ optioned) are affected since the other ones don't have all the extra subscriptions. It's affected all kinds of Ford cars and trucks not just Bronco Sport. Some people have used a 3rd party tool (not approved by Ford- you can brick your car) to force update to the next Sync version (21098) and that seems to resolve the issue.

Small follow up:
I found this on the internet today. I am going to print it out and take it with me to the dealer. I want to avoid a lengthy debate about diagnosis and all that. It says this is a .3hr fix.
TSB 21-2150
https://www.fordtremor.com/attachments/tsb-21-2150-pdf.24625

Attachments

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My last dodge, the entire infotainment system was crap and had to be replaced. My maps showed me in the middle of lake Erie instead of my driveway. For the record it was NOT an amphibious car...with the Bronco my Sirius cuts out for a second or two under heavy overhead. I don't have nav/360+ so you may be right.
Sponsored