SiriusXM Plans

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I thought having 700+ songs on a thumb drive would be good enough, but I'm kind of enjoying having Sirius. I went to look for a plan for when my trial runs out but they confuse the heck out of me. All I want is the 60's, 70's 80's plus rock and roll like Classic Vinyl, etc. Anyone have advice of which one to pick?
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I thought having 700+ songs on a thumb drive would be good enough, but I'm kind of enjoying having Sirius. I went to look for a plan for when my trial runs out but they confuse the heck out of me. All I want is the 60's, 70's 80's plus rock and roll like Classic Vinyl, etc. Anyone have advice of which one to pick?
4.99 a month is the most I ever pay ,just renewed for 6 months with taxes and fee I think it is 38.00 .

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just get the most basic one you can find and those should be available on all plans.
i would do this one pay all up front then cancel right before they renew at they’re ridiculous higher price, rinse, repeat.

Ford Bronco Sport SiriusXM Plans 7E3A6193-ECA6-486A-A3A0-41C67CD9FFEC

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Just get the most basic one you can find and those should be available on all plans.
i would do this one pay all up front then cancel right before they renew at they’re ridiculous higher price, rinse, repeat.

Ford Bronco Sport SiriusXM Plans 7E3A6193-ECA6-486A-A3A0-41C67CD9FFEC
Reminder - Go on-line through your account and chat with them the day before your 1 year special rate subscription is about to expire. Tell them that you wish to cancel your subscription because the renewal rate is too high. They will try to get you into something about half off of what they offered you for the renewal - let's say $120 a year....tell them that is still too high, they should then default to the $60 a year Sirius Select special one subscription option plus royalty fees which for my wife's vehicle came out to just a few cents over $72 a year. The following year, play the game again. Remember, that satellite is up there broadcasting 24/7 whether it is 5 million people listening or 20 million people listening. If they get $60 from you rather than losing you altogether, they will. Think of it like not paying sticker price for a vehicle. ?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Companies like SiriusXM have low marginal costs, so you can always negotiate discounts right before renewal by threatening to cancel. Their whole biz model lets you the subscriber play hardball.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Reminder - Go on-line through your account and chat with them the day before your 1 year special rate subscription is about to expire. Tell them that you wish to cancel your subscription because the renewal rate is too high. They will try to get you into something about half off of what they offered you for the renewal - let's say $120 a year....tell them that is still too high, they should then default to the $60 a year Sirius Select special one subscription option plus royalty fees which for my wife's vehicle came out to just a few cents over $72 a year. The following year, play the game again. Remember, that satellite is up there broadcasting 24/7 whether it is 5 million people listening or 20 million people listening. If they get $60 from you rather than losing you altogether, they will. Think of it like not paying sticker price for a vehicle. ?
This 100 times over. They will be persistent. I cancelled all subscriptions for a week...they called back offering every plan under the sun. Came down to offering me an "exclusive" $5/mo special for a year due to my long subscription history...whatever. the 24/7 is spot on. We are just paying to pay basically.

OP
OP
magicbus

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Thanks all. I’ll play this game as soon as my 3 month trial is up. I seem to recall not too long ago the trial period for new cars was 6 months.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks all. I’ll play this game as soon as my 3 month trial is up. I seem to recall not too long ago the trial period for new cars was 6 months.
Yeah they will do everything in their power to keep you at premium rate. Be ready to cancel and listen to FM/aux for a week...they will come after you with $5 deals guaranteed.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think SiriusXM sound quality is not there anymore...

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They want $2 for that extra 3 month now, and to get your card # in their system

Ford Bronco Sport SiriusXM Plans Screenshot_2021-06-14-17-38-14-95

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I had my siriusxm free for 6months, and i always play the game of ‘i dont need it now’ until i get a fair deal whenever it’s time for renewal hehehe
Stations i like are 50s,60s,70s,80s,90s,18 beatles, 333, 17, i will just say all now to save msg space hehe

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
They want $2 for that extra 3 month now, and to get your card # in their system
I don't know why they got so stingy with the trial. The 2018 Jeep we have came with 1 year trial. We re-upped it and I refused to pay more than $5/mo for the service. They hold out until you mention you saw that offer somewhere and then magically they "locate" that offer for you. It's $6.06 with taxes etc., but you get online too. If you really play hardball, you can get All Access for the $5 assuming you want the commercial filled talk stations too. They looove pumping subscriber numbers up for advertiser rates. I hate playing the resubscribe game though, bad enough that utilities make you do that dance.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Anyone use the SiriusXM weather and traffic subscriptions and find them useful? I got an alert a few weeks back only after a hail storm passed through :/

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your wants are exactly the same as mine.

I only got 3 months free, then took the $4.99/month deal for a year. With taxes and some other fee, it comes out to $6.06/month
Sponsored