BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
I canceled my Sirius XM service but my infotainment screen keeps coming up with a phone number to call to resubscribe. I really do like this and would like to know how I could stop it. I like Pandora better.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Set one of the preset buttons to a radio channel you like and select that to listen to. This way the entertainment center will start on that radio channel instead of Sirius. Then you can switch to Pandora when it is available.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I canceled my Sirius XM service but my infotainment screen keeps coming up with a phone number to call to resubscribe. I really do like this and would like to know how I could stop it. I like Pandora better.
As an added suggestion, I would never accept the free x months of Sirius in the future. You may enjoy it for a few months but how much they are now going to pester you to come back, especially with mail, is beyond annoying (and so wasteful).

Tony B

Big Bend
First Name
Tony B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It lasts a couple weeks then disappears

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
You can use FORScan to disable SiriusXM as a music source.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I took all the Sirius presets off my screens and set them to FM. Then the reminder quits coming on.

Downside is that the built in Nav also quits giving traffic and route information. Even though Ford sold you a 5yr free service, Sirius DGAF and cuts it off when you cancel the music.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Even though Ford sold you a 5yr free service, Sirius DGAF and cuts it off when you cancel the music.
Hmmm. I never corresponded with Sirius when I owned my Mustang equipped with Nav, and the same goes for the wife's 2020 Escape. All the route vs traffic functions worked for both our cars after the three-month trial expired. Perhaps your settings also disabled those functions for your car?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
My traffic stopped working too and my Sirius is expired.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
older video but maybe still somewhat accurate

How To Use Available Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link

All Bronco Sports come with 3 months free trial SiriusXM subscription and with Ford Nav, come with a 5 year access to the SiriusXM provided Traffic and Travel Link Apps (found on the 8” Display).

SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link are SiriusXM features.

SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link provide these features: locate best gas prices, find movie listings, get current traffic alerts, view current weather map, get accurate ski conditions and see scores to current sports games).

When someone cancels their SiriusXM free trial or their SiriusXM subscription, Sirius disables Traffic and Travel Link.

You can call SiriusXM Customer Care (888-539-7474) and see if you can get the remaining portion of your 5 year SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link restored but it is difficult. Without an active SiriusXM trial or paid subscription, there is no account to link the SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link to.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Hmmm. I never corresponded with Sirius when I owned my Mustang equipped with Nav, and the same goes for the wife's 2020 Escape. All the route vs traffic functions worked for both our cars after the three-month trial expired. Perhaps your settings also disabled those functions for your car?
No, I called Sirius to confirm the problem.

When you buy the car, all of those features / trials are activated. They run until the trial period is over. In the case of the 3mo music trial, they sent me a $1 for 3mo offer. So naturally I took it. When I cancelled that, it cancelled ALL Sirius service. Somewhere in the fine print they say the Nav requires an active audio subscription. Had I never signed up for the $1 lure, the traffic and connected services would have worked for the full 5 years. I made a post about it a while ago. Sirius is a scum company so they pull scummy bait and switch stuff like this.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
We got Sirius with the vehicle and honestly only listed to like 3 channels. Didn't miss it when it expired. I have enough music on my phone with Spotify and I don't pay for that either. Just have to put up with a commercial now and then.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Had I never signed up for the $1 lure, the traffic and connected services would have worked for the full 5 years. I made a post about it a while ago. Sirius is a scum company so they pull scummy bait and switch stuff like this.
So, the advice is if you have factory Nav you should NOT activate Sirius Radio unless you want to pay for it until you sell the car, otherwise you lose the connected services features. Is that right?

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
As an added suggestion, I would never accept the free x months of Sirius in the future. You may enjoy it for a few months but how much they are now going to pester you to come back, especially with mail, is beyond annoying (and so wasteful).
Been there, just email [email protected] and request to be opted out of all email, mail, and telephone communication. List any emails, addresses, and phone numbers they're hounding you at. They'll respond a few hours later that you're opted out. The opt out can take 1-2 months for mail (they transfer the lists to a printer who then prints mass campaigns), and lasts for three years for mail.

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Sirius is $5/month and worth every dollar.
I think it all depends on your situation. If you drive a lot for please or work, then yes it's worth it. I work from home and live across the road from my office and when I travel, I have lots of music and podcasts from Spotify so it's not worth it for me.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ScareCrow Off-Topic Board 5