bikerkurt1956

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2021 BS Badlands, three weeks old. The rear lift gate glass suddenly shattered while towing a small trailer on a gravel road. I assume something hit the glass but I never heard it - just a sound like an explosion when the glass broke. Anyone else have a problem with the lift gate glass breaking?

Aside from this problem I am very satisfied with my new Bronco Sport.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Didn't have it break, but there was a gouge in the glass from something. Dealer thinks it happened in shipping. Anyhow, they don't replace just the glass. It comes as an assembly with the rear hinges already attached. The wiper and handle transfer from old to new and they said the torque is critical to get right to not break the new glass. Hope you get it replaced quick and easy.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I used to run a factory auto auction and had numerous vehicles that suffered shattered rear glass because the glass was not closed securely. Have seen them shatter from closing the rear deck with the glass not closed properly.

Bor223

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2021 BS Badlands, three weeks old. The rear lift gate glass suddenly shattered while towing a small trailer on a gravel road. I assume something hit the glass but I never heard it - just a sound like an explosion when the glass broke. Anyone else have a problem with the lift gate glass breaking?

Just had the same problem. Got home from work. I was sitting in the car returning a text that was sent to me on my ride home and the rear window glass just exploded sending glass flying both inside and outside of the Bronco. I've had it for 3 days. At first I thought someone threw something through the back window, but there was nobody around and there was nothing there but shattered glass.?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Could be bad manufactured glass like some of the moon roofs , there is a recall on certain build dates .

Last edited:

Bor223

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Could be bad manufactured glass like some of the moon roofs , there is a real on certain build dates .
Thanks I will look into that. I have a call scheduled with the service department in the morning

Bor223

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks I will look into that. I have a call scheduled with the service department in the morning
Service department was less than helpful. They just stated they don't do glass, that has to go through insurance. I said I had the car 3 days. He just repeated we don't do glass you have to go through you insurance. Oddly when I talked to the glass company they said they may have to order it through the dealership ?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Service department was less than helpful. They just stated they don't do glass, that has to go through insurance. I said I had the car 3 days. He just repeated we don't do glass you have to go through you insurance. Oddly when I talked to the glass company they said they may have to order it through the dealership ?
You can see my reply further up the thread. The difference may be that my dealer and I both agreed it could be a warranty issue from shipping. I was fortunate that another Bronco had the exact same issue on a different part of the window. Otherwise, they probably would have sent me off to the insurance. They contacted corporate to verify that Ford would cover it, and they agreed since it was the second example of the problem.

But I was in the same boat. I had the car for two days. All I did was drive it home and put it in the garage and then you could see this gouge that no one saw when we did the delivery inspection. You just needed the right light to see it. I was afraid the hard to see score line would turn into a weak point.

That's really unhelpful of them, for someone you just bought a car from. Do you have another nearby dealer to inquire at? Mention that dealer A is being a pain about it, but be ready to go through insurance. Typically glass would not be a warranty item. Hopefully you got a $0 glass deductible which is an option on many insurances.

Ford Bronco Sport Shattered lift gate glass DSC04870.JPG

Lorie

Outer Banks
First Name
Lorie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Lorie

Outer Banks
First Name
Lorie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It snowed this morning and I used the remote start on my 2021 Outerbanks, a few minutes later I went out and the back window was blown out. The insurance said it does happen with rear defrosters - yipes!!! Now they have to order the window from the manufacturer because of it being a new model, no one has them. So I have a garbage bag taped over it and will not drive it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the heated seats being extremely hot also. I have to dial the seats down because they are too hot to sit on.

OP
OP

bikerkurt1956

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your dealer can contact their Ford rep and get you a new rear glass within a few days.
Sponsored