Service Engine...already.

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
I'm 520 miles in on my 2022 BS BB and this morning I had a nice surprise of the Service Engine Soon light coming on. Ford Pass is showing a Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power. This is too new of a vehicle for this to be happening already :frown:
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Had the same issue on my Maverick. Took to dealer and they cleared the code. Tech says if it happens again, pull over, shut off the car, and restart.

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Had the same issue on my Maverick. Took to dealer and they cleared the code. Tech says if it happens again, pull over, shut off the car, and restart.
Thanks! I'm going to go out at lunch and start it just to see if it's still on. If so, then I'll schedule service and hopefully it'll be as easy of a fix as yours.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I'm 520 miles in on my 2022 BS BB and this morning I had a nice surprise of the Service Engine Soon light coming on. Ford Pass is showing a Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power. This is too new of a vehicle for this to be happening already :frown:
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sent a message to you, thanks!

Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thanks! I'm going to go out at lunch and start it just to see if it's still on. If so, then I'll schedule service and hopefully it'll be as easy of a fix as yours.
No man, dont listen to that. the code never just "goes away". it will happen again down the road. Mine was the shifter dial. They wanted to reset it and "see if it came back". I said my Bronco only had 700 miles. Replace it.

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
No man, dont listen to that. the code never just "goes away". it will happen again down the road. Mine was the shifter dial. They wanted to reset it and "see if it came back". I said my Bronco only had 700 miles. Replace it.
It was off when I left to go home from work yesterday but came back on this morning. I didn't take it in for them to "reset" it, my husband can actually do it himself also but won't. It's a brand new vehicle and it's come on more than once...obviously there is an issue. The service dept at my dealership said they'd need to keep it a few days to diagnose; I have to have a vehicle so once I get that figured out I'll drop it off to them. So frustrating to be dealing with issues this soon.

Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It was off when I left to go home from work yesterday but came back on this morning. I didn't take it in for them to "reset" it, my husband can actually do it himself also but won't. It's a brand new vehicle and it's come on more than once...obviously there is an issue. The service dept at my dealership said they'd need to keep it a few days to diagnose; I have to have a vehicle so once I get that figured out I'll drop it off to them. So frustrating to be dealing with issues this soon.
The Sport seems to have a small rash of issues. I went through several, but its still a great vehicle. Im sorry yours is giving you issues already :(

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
The Sport seems to have a small rash of issues. I went through several, but its still a great vehicle. Im sorry yours is giving you issues already :(
Thanks! And thanks for your input also. I am in love with my Sport and hope this is the only issue I run into for some time to come. Maybe I'm just getting them out of the way early on :cwl:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op,
I had an obstruction warning on my front/side camera that sent me an alert.
I called my local ford dealer. They said it was ice on my side view mirrors and to be careful not to scratch the glass when I scraped em’
I pulled out my Drivers license, scraped em clean, problem solved.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Op,
I had an obstruction warning on my front/side camera that sent me an alert.
I called my local ford dealer. They said it was ice on my side view mirrors and to be careful not to scratch the glass when I scraped em’
I pulled out my Drivers license, scraped em clean, problem solved.
good info
need to de-clutter cerebral memory banks
need to retain this one

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Picked my BS up from the dealer today after having them look at it. Come to find out, they needed to reprogram the GSM. Hoping that solves my program 🤞🏼

Brock

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Just had this pop up today. 3200 miles. Just turned it on and was there. And no dealer open till Monday and need to drive. Woohoo

OP
OP
LoveIsLife

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Just had this pop up today. 3200 miles. Just turned it on and was there. And no dealer open till Monday and need to drive. Woohoo
Is Ford Pass also showing the power train/reduced power message for it? If so, it may be worth mentioning to your dealer that Ford may not have programmed the GSM properly. But it really just depends on the code it shows I guess. Since my dealership reprogrammed my GSM, I haven’t had the issue (though it’s only been a week). Hopefully it’ll be as easy of a fix as mine was 🤞🏼
Sponsored