Bronco2022

Big Bend
First Name
Arizona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone with the new Bronco Sport had an issue with their car alarm going off randomly throughout the night and then get an alert from Ford Pass? I’ve had my Bronco Sport for only 2 weeks, bought it brand new with only 8 miles on it, and now the alarm goes off early in the morning or late at night (11pm, 12am, 3am, 5am). I’ve taken it in and they replaced the hood latch but I got it back and it is still going off with the same alert. No one is trying to break in either, I have cameras and there is no one near the car. I’ve dropped it back off at the dealership for them to look at and keep until it’s resolved.
Thanks!
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone with the new Bronco Sport had an issue with their car alarm going off randomly throughout the night and then get an alert from Ford Pass? I’ve had my Bronco Sport for only 2 weeks, bought it brand new with only 8 miles on it, and now the alarm goes off early in the morning or late at night (11pm, 12am, 3am, 5am). I’ve taken it in and they replaced the hood latch but I got it back and it is still going off with the same alert. No one is trying to break in either, I have cameras and there is no one near the car. I’ve dropped it back off at the dealership for them to look at and keep until it’s resolved.
Thanks!
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/alarm-triggered.1625/
Sadly it doesn’t look like anybody has posted up an update yet with a solution.

OP
OP

Bronco2022

Big Bend
First Name
Arizona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have an update on this issue. For anyone with a Bronco sport that isn’t experiencing this, I’ve noticed it only goes off when it’s in a parking lot / uncovered space. If it’s in a garage or covered, the alarm isn’t triggered to go off randomly since it doesn’t get a signal.

The dealership just got back to me saying they found a non-Ford aftermarket additional accessory installed on it and they’re removing it. There was a GPS system (BT?) installed prior to sale and they looked at the hood switch and followed the wires to the fuse box and underneath they found wires into the pin switch. Not sure what all this means. I’m having them keep the car at the dealership 1-2 more nights locked in an uncovered area so the signal isn’t blocked to see if I get any more alerts from Ford Pass. Not sure how a non Ford item was installed because I bought it brand new with only 8 miles on it.
Sponsored