Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Ltd
Howdy. Just searched the forum and didn't see any recent conversations about this.

Loving my 23 HL, but I want to be able to protect the seats when we're out there, but I'm also eligible to be filthy when I get in at the end of a work day 😁

I like many of Carhart's products, but the pics of their BS covers on the Ford site look like they don't give full coverage?

Idk much about seat covers, so maybe this is the best way, and there's a good reason for it? But if full coverage is a good idea, I'd love to hear where I can look for some.

Obligatory pic of my boy and I after a little light mudding yesterday.

Ford Bronco Sport Seat Cover Rec's 20230417_085603
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Does your Sport have leather seats? If not, the fabric used on the seats is extremely durable, and incredibly easy to clean. I don't even vacuum them anymore; just wipe them down with a damp cloth and they look just like new.

OP
OP
Txsurfer13

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does your Sport have leather seats? If not, the fabric used on the seats is extremely durable, and incredibly easy to clean. I don't even vacuum them anymore; just wipe them down with a damp cloth and they look just like new.
Thanks for replying.

Yes, it's the perforated leather. I'm not too worried about it for everyday use, but if I need to get in while I'm covered in mud, and it's pouring rain... I'd like a little peace-of-mind (and a little less cleanup never hurts).

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thanks for replying.

Yes, it's the perforated leather. I'm not too worried about it for everyday use, but if I need to get in while I'm covered in mud, and it's pouring rain... I'd like a little peace-of-mind (and a little less cleanup never hurts).
Yeah, you probably need some kind of cover.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Maybe not the best pic, but I did the neoprene ones on my back seat. Fit great! Took my dealer a couple days to install so it was worth getting them to do it. Fit is as perfect as I’ve ever seen a seat cover!

Now for the front seats if you wanted something more temporary they do make terrycloth slip on covers you could easily pull on for a one time use & wash after, though I haven’t tried one yet. Something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Maloo-Waterproof-Largest-Perfect-Keeping/dp/B08B456YD7
Ford Bronco Sport Seat Cover Rec's 1681787047730

OP
OP
Txsurfer13

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe not the best pic, but I did the neoprene ones on my back seat. Fit great! Took my dealer a couple days to install so it was worth getting them to do it. Fit is as perfect as I’ve ever seen a seat cover!

Now for the front seats if you wanted something more temporary they do make terrycloth slip on covers you could easily pull on for a one time use & wash after, though I haven’t tried one yet. Something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Maloo-Waterproof-Largest-Perfect-Keeping/dp/B08B456YD7
Ford Bronco Sport Seat Cover Rec's 1681787047730
Nah, y'all have got me sold on the Ford neoprene setup. How difficult are they to take off & put on? Summer's coming up, and I'll be getting in sopping wer assume days; so I'll need to be washing them pretty regularly.

OP
OP
Txsurfer13

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Nah, y'all have got me sold on the Ford neoprene setup. How difficult are they to take off & put on? Summer's coming up, and I'll be getting in sopping wer assume days; so I'll need to be washing them pretty regularly.
My dealer took two days to figure out how to put it on. I haven’t attempted taking it off again. It dries fine, she looks innocent in this pic but can get in sopping wet too. I just vacuum them same as you’d vacuum any fabric seat & seems fine so far. If you really do want ease of taking them in & out though, which I assume gets easier after the first time you do it, the neoprene might not be the best ones.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey, Tigger, thanks for pointing me to the neoprene. I think that's going to work best for me.

How difficult to take off/put on? I'll probably need to wash mine fairly often.
Honestly, you can’t. They are tough to put on so when you order one, include the installation. Your dealership will not like this because it took mine two hours to put on the back and they only get the $36. I did not do the front but my understanding is that they are easier but still not easy.

For cleaning, I got some stuff from Amazon that is meant to clean dog hair off of couches/furniture. It worked well on mud and the dog hair.

But, your concern of removing and cleaning is the negative of the neoprene (as I’m sure you have seen in other threads).

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
Txsurfer13

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, that info's really helpful, thank you.

The only seat that may need an occasional wash is the driver's; so if that ends up being a PITA, I'll come up with another solution.

Mostly concerned that if I get lots of sweat on it, it's eventually gonna smell pretty rank. I guess I'll burn that bridge when/if I get to it 🙃

OP
OP
Txsurfer13

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant to ask: any issues laying the back seat down with the neoprene covers?

OP
OP
Txsurfer13

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant to ask: any issues laying the back seat down with the neoprene covers?
Sponsored