Scratchy Piano Black Trim (How to Remove It)

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Just a month ago, my family and I took delivery of our pre-ordered 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Oxford White. I have washed it twice since we got it and waxed it after the first wash. However, it didn't take long for the piano black trim around the side windows to develop light scratches and swirls. I'm very careful when washing it. I use the two bucket method and go either in up and down or side-to-side motions with my wash mit. The car only has 500 miles on it and already looks older than it is because of the very scratchy piano black trim. I'm wondering has anyone else experienced this early in their delivery and is there a way to remove them? Any advice would be most helpful. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have protective film covering my piano black trim, no scratches. When I hand wash my vehicles, I always use constant flowing water, therefore limiting contamination from using the bucket cleaning method. I've also had good luck with the dry wash method even on black cars.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Just a month ago, my family and I took delivery of our pre-ordered 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Oxford White. I have washed it twice since we got it and waxed it after the first wash. However, it didn't take long for the piano black trim around the side windows to develop light scratches and swirls. I'm very careful when washing it. I use the two bucket method and go either in up and down or side-to-side motions with my wash mit. The car only has 500 miles on it and already looks older than it is because of the very scratchy piano black trim. I'm wondering has anyone else experienced this early in their delivery and is there a way to remove them? Any advice would be most helpful. Thank you in advance.
have the same stuff on my F350. Just used my long throw harbor freight polisher https://www.harborfreight.com/75-amp-6-in-long-throw-random-orbit-da-polisher-56367.html
with a fine pad and Griots rubbing compound https://www.griotsgarage.com/complete-compound-16-ounces/

They I hit it with Griots best of show wax https://www.griotsgarage.com/best-of-show-wax/

Results: can't tell it from new. It is so simply. Highly recommend the above trio, especially if you go off road.

Heading up to the theater room to watch top Gun Maverick with the kids (for the fifth time), but will dig out some shots of my F350 when I took it trail riding. I think I have some before and after shots. It was pretty messed up. I just used you tube and a few hours of work.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There are a lot of detailer youtube videos that cover this. You could also talk to a professional detailer and see what they reccomend or have them do the work.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Okay, did this looking for a fabled fly fishing hole up at our lake place in Idaho (pic 1) Fortunately, nothing broke through the paint layer but is looked like hell. Used the stuff listed above in post 3 and this is how it came out. (pic 2 and 3).

I think most people are afraid to start working on the paint on their expensive vehicle. if you take it slow and slowly work up the speed if needed, you'll be just fine. Now, i have friends "stop by" on a regular basis asking to take a scratch out or their kid backed into the garbage can, etc.

Ford Bronco Sport Scratchy Piano Black Trim (How to Remove It) truck2

Ford Bronco Sport Scratchy Piano Black Trim (How to Remove It) IMG_7904

Ford Bronco Sport Scratchy Piano Black Trim (How to Remove It) IMG_7902

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I have protective film covering my piano black trim, no scratches. When I hand wash my vehicles, I always use constant flowing water, therefore limiting contamination from using the bucket cleaning method. I've also had good luck with the dry wash method even on black cars.
Where did you find the protective film? Is it pre-cut for these side window areas on the BS?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
have the same stuff on my F350. Just used my long throw harbor freight polisher https://www.harborfreight.com/75-amp-6-in-long-throw-random-orbit-da-polisher-56367.html
with a fine pad and Griots rubbing compound https://www.griotsgarage.com/complete-compound-16-ounces/

They I hit it with Griots best of show wax https://www.griotsgarage.com/best-of-show-wax/

Results: can't tell it from new. It is so simply. Highly recommend the above trio, especially if you go off road.

Heading up to the theater room to watch top Gun Maverick with the kids (for the fifth time), but will dig out some shots of my F350 when I took it trail riding. I think I have some before and after shots. It was pretty messed up. I just used you tube and a few hours of work.
I have the Griots 6 inch applicator, and will be doing my truck this weekend using your suggestions, as the paint has a slight haze. I'm sure the Griot's complete compound will make that bring the shine out again, then follow up with the wax. Thanks for sharing these tips!
Sponsored