Chris-aguilar

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi everyone, I ordered the rough country 40 in LED light bar and took it in to get installed. Went over the details and how I didn't want visible wires. Well this guy is apparently choose not to listen and did this. How did you hide the wires? Can you show some pictures for reference?

Ford Bronco Sport Roof top light bar 20230320_181929
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Well this guy is apparently choose not to listen and did this. How did you hide the wires? Can you show some pictures for reference?
Totally unacceptable. I would take it back and tell them in no uncertain terms you want it fixed. Keep in mind, hiding the wiring is not easy. It will take some time, and you shouldn't be surprised at the labor costs. I've attached the install instructions for Ford's lightbar. You can take that with you to the shop.

Attachments

OP
OP

Chris-aguilar

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks Mark! Ya we had quite the conservation after seeing my car. He claims he will fix it. This install instructions will help.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Have to ask; did the installer leave the blue tape on too?!?!

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
If those are the install instructions I think they are, they involve removing the headliner to access the rail mount holes from inside the cab. I've heard there is another option that involves popping off the plastic trim that your wire is currently taped next to. The wire will still be exposed at the top of the windshield, and personally I would just bit the bullet and do it the interior way, but figured I'd give you another option.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
You didnā€™t actually pay this guy did you? On this type of stuff I watch what the installer is doing. I donā€™t care if Iā€™m at the shop all day.

My vehicle, my money, you do it my way.

I can only imagine how he hacked up your wiring harness to attached the power to lights. I bet he uses crimp on wire connectors. And not the good type.

What you got is totally unacceptable. This butchie boy should not be in business. If he did something that visible, one can assume the work you canā€™t see is even worse.

Did someone refer you to him? If so, you need to never talk to them again.

Last edited:

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
FYI - The light bar itself is mounted incorrectly. The brackets are upside down and raise the light far to high. It should sit almost flush with the roofline. I would highly recommend the KC wire hiding kit for the wiring. Easy, invisible and no ripping apart the interior. Other than that, it's looking good?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
I also like the way he ran sealant up onto your A pillar trim. That will be fun to get off.

Iā€™m not sure where the drain is for that area, but I wonder if he covered that also.

Looking at what you got makes me want to post him up on Facebook with pictures of the totally professional job he did. šŸ˜

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
It even looks like your panel is popped out with the outdoor Christmas tree light adapter dude used.
Like on what planet did this dumb fucking person think this was right. I wouldā€™ve broke dudeā€™s fucking jaw if I went to pick up my ride and it was cobbed up this fucking bad. Holy shit balls!!!

And if itā€™s that fucked on the outside, I cannot imagine the interior or any wiring that dumb fuck touched.
Iā€™m sorry man. That is ridiculous. I wouldnā€™t let that person anywhere near your ride again. Get your money back and have someone not dumb install it right.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It even looks like your panel is popped out with the outdoor Christmas tree light adapter.
Like on what planet did this dumb fucking person think this was right. I wouldā€™ve broke dudeā€™s fucking jaw if I went to pick up my ride and it was cobbed up this fucking bad. Holy shit balls!!!

And if itā€™s that fucked on the outside, I cannot imagine the interior or any wiring that dumb fuck touched.
Iā€™m sorry man. That is ridiculous. I wouldnā€™t let that person anywhere near your ride again. Get your money back and have someone not dumb install it right.
Don't hold back Riotfunk. :curse:

I nearly spewed my afternoon coffee when I read this. Thanks for speaking out on how we all felt for the OP on this install.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you just emagine what the installer thought when he was done? Or when the OP went to pick up the BS?

I was actually hoping this was an early April Fools day prank.
Sponsored