AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
awesome. i’m going to look into these, appreciate the part numbers ??
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So do you know what the difference is between these and Thules that look the same but are twice as much?

Specifically Thule 450R Rapid Crossroad
The 450R is the tower specific for raised rails to be used on the aeroblade. Occasionally they are packaged together with the cross bar, which would cause the price jump. towers for Thule run 150-300 roughly in addition to the cost of the bars 225-275. The aeroblade is more aerodynamic, very noticeable if you are worried about sound.
the evo wingbar bulky design will increase the load capacity, but sacrifices an increase in noise.

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 450R is the tower specific for raised rails to be used on the aeroblade. Occasionally they are packaged together with the cross bar, which would cause the price jump. towers for Thule run 150-300 roughly in addition to the cost of the bars 225-275. The aeroblade is more aerodynamic, very noticeable if you are worried about sound.
the evo wingbar bulky design will increase the load capacity, but sacrifices an increase in noise.
nice writeup however i noticed zero noise with these bars. just an fyi ?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
nice writeup however i noticed zero noise with these bars. just an fyi ?
I have a weird hearing disorder, mysophonia, if it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't hear it either. Also depends on location, distance apart, and attacents. Besides, my tires make more noise than the bars do.

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a weird hearing disorder, mysophonia, if it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't hear it either. Also depends on location, distance apart, and attacents. Besides, my tires make more noise than the bars do.
haha you got that right - meaty tires are noisy af.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same here, along with tinnitus and TTTS. I've got my own sound stage in my head. :p

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So the evo wingbar says it's load capacity is 220. I am hoping that is per bar? If it is per system, how the hell do you use a roof top tent?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So the evo wingbar says it's load capacity is 220. I am hoping that is per bar? If it is per system, how the hell do you use a roof top tent?
The load capacity is 220lbs for the pair, while driving. However the raised rails capacity is 150. When your stationary there will be no problem having people in the tent. As the static load is 600lbs for stationary campsite setup.

gdubb757

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Quick Question, and all apologies if this has been asked: when you setup the Evo Wingbar 135 on the Ford Bronco Sport, what width should you set them to? I can't for the life of me find that anywhere.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Quick Question, and all apologies if this has been asked: when you setup the Evo Wingbar 135 on the Ford Bronco Sport, what width should you set them to? I can't for the life of me find that anywhere.
It's can vary based on needs but between 24-30 should be fine. I think mine are set at 27.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Can you install the K LockNLoad platform directly on the roof rails?
Sponsored