Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Hey All,

looking to switch up my thule crossbars for a rooftop platform. I feel this will allow more items on top with my rooftop tent, as well as being more practical.

im seeing the Pioneer and Rhino Racks ... and i have 2 main questions before i buy:

1) what size are you all running.

2) i can't figure out how they mount to the factory roof bars. Is there a mounting kit sold seperate?

i want this thing as low as possible, and maximum size. base model here with no sunroof.

thanks in advance.

-side note: once i find the right rack, i'll be selling the Thule bars cheap like borscht.
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey All,

looking to switch up my thule crossbars for a rooftop platform. I feel this will allow more items on top with my rooftop tent, as well as being more practical.

im seeing the Pioneer and Rhino Racks ... and i have 2 main questions before i buy:

1) what size are you all running.

2) i can't figure out how they mount to the factory roof bars. Is there a mounting kit sold seperate?

i want this thing as low as possible, and maximum size. base model here with no sunroof.

thanks in advance.

-side note: once i find the right rack, i'll be selling the Thule bars cheap like borscht.
You do need mounting brackets, they can be to cross bar mounts or direct to raised rails. I have a Yakima LnL platform B (60x52 I believe) I have seen some deep discounts on platforms from rhino rack in the clearance section. Direct to raised rails will save you the inches you're looking for
Ford Bronco Sport Roof Rack Info Required PXL_20211003_140134261

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do need mounting brackets, they can be to cross bar mounts or direct to raised rails. I have a Yakima LnL platform B (60x52 I believe) I have seen some deep discounts on platforms from rhino rack in the clearance section. Direct to raised rails will save you the inches you're looking for
Ford Bronco Sport Roof Rack Info Required PXL_20211003_140134261
this is great info. and the photo looks like what im needing

thanks!

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
this is great info. and the photo looks like what im needing

thanks!
As Benanza mentioned, if anyone wants to go with the LockNLoad platform, you do not need cross bars. It can be mounted directly to the roof rails, or if you already have cross bars, there are mounting options for that route as well.

If anyone is an REI member, they sell all of this Yakima stuff. Nice member dividend on a big purchase like that. This is the route I'll be going.

OP
OP
AndyMac204

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As Benanza mentioned, if anyone wants to go with the LockNLoad platform, you do not need cross bars. It can be mounted directly to the roof rails, or if you already have cross bars, there are mounting options for that route as well.

If anyone is an REI member, they sell all of this Yakima stuff. Nice member dividend on a big purchase like that. This is the route I'll be going.
right on, thats what i was confused about, if i needed my thule or not.
thanks for the info ??

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
thanks for the info ??
Might be worth talking to a retailer directly just to be certain, but I believe this is what you want:

If you have crossbars installed, you mount the platform with Yakima LockNLoad crossbar clamp set (2 clamps, so need 2 of the sets), SKU: #8005039

If no crossbars will be used, you buy towers that attach to your roof rails: Yakima Timberline Towers, set of 4, SKU: #8000147

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
thanks for the info ??
I have mine on cross bars, if I'm going on a long drive without going off road, it's easy to get down and back up. This will save me the time from having to get the cross bars on. Plus easier to clean the roof with the extra clearance when its on.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
I have mine on cross bars, if I'm going on a long drive without going off road, it's easy to get down and back up. This will save me the time from having to get the cross bars on. Plus easier to clean the roof with the extra clearance when its on.
what cross bars do you have?