bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I just returned from a road trip, North Carolina to Panama City Fla.. I was a little reluctant to take a long trip with the Bronco Badlander I didn't know how well she would hold up to a steady diet of high (70-80) MPH. Let me say this, she was FANTASTIC! A comfortable ride and 27 MPG made for an enjoyable trip.
Sponsored

meckems

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just returned from a road trip, North Carolina to Panama City Fla.. I was a little reluctant to take a long trip with the Bronco Badlander I didn't know how well she would hold up to a steady diet of high (70-80) MPH. Let me say this, she was FANTASTIC! A comfortable ride and 27 MPG made for an enjoyable trip.
I have also been from NC to the Bradenton area in FL. I was not so lucky with the MPG on my FE, but I also had a cargo rack in place. I think I was getting around 21 to 23mpg at 75 to 80mph. I agree it was a great comfortable ride.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Back in April we did about 1500 miles in my FE from Upstate NY to WV, Va & back and I averaged around 26mpg. Didn't have a roof rack (I even removed the cross bars) but we were definitely loaded down.

Last week I drove a base model rental to Dayton, OH and back, and averaged just over 30mpg on the 3 cyl. Made miss mine though, the base model definitely leaves you wanting.

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
how soon after you had your bronco did you make this trip? did you have a 'break in' period or did you just hit the road?

OP
OP

bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
how soon after you had your bronco did you make this trip? did you have a 'break in' period or did you just hit the road?
I had 1,500 miles on her when I hit th road. Never a falter or wimper from her, she ran with the best of the traffic.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Nice man I myself took a small trip yesterday I’m in the Dayton area and I just went to the Indianapolis area for a graduation party. The Badlander also did very well driving some of that in sport I still had my gas mileage at 25 to 26 it was great other than the clouds of cicadas. Interstate 70 was a parking lot on the way there other direction so we took the scenic route home and stayed off the highways, lots of small town heads turned when The Badlander drove by.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nice man I myself took a small trip yesterday I’m in the Dayton area and I just went to the Indianapolis area for a graduation party. The Badlander also did very well driving some of that in sport I still had my gas mileage at 25 to 26 it was great other than the clouds of cicadas. Interstate 70 was a parking lot on the way there other direction so we took the scenic route home and stayed off the highways, lots of small town heads turned when The Badlander drove by.
Knock on wood...cicada swarm hasn't made it north. Reports of accidents in the Cinnci area due to the 17 year swarm. Indy is a great city to visit. Far cry from where it was in the 90s.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Knock on wood...cicada swarm hasn't made it north. Reports of accidents in the Cinnci area due to the 17 year swarm. Indy is a great city to visit. Far cry from where it was in the 90s.
It was a good little initiation I’m right at 1287 miles something like that after the trip, had a crowd of people around that thing when I got to that party too.
Sponsored

Last edited: