First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thought I’d pop this up here for the overland era. We grabbed a Rightline SUV tent from REI and put it to use over the weekend. It fit our BS nicely and secured very well.

We launched our Bronco Sport roof rack and company called Yucca Manufacturing last week and people are loving it! If your interested DM me or check out our site www.yuccamanufacturing.com

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack 5D4D17D1-4C7C-434C-9FF1-AAF58FC73123

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack AB8CE605-9E10-4428-8F48-D8FE6AD4B3AF
Sponsored

landofwine

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thought I’d pop this up here for the overland era. We grabbed a Rightline SUV tent from REI and put it to use over the weekend. It fit our BS nicely and secured very well.

We launched our Bronco Sport roof rack and company called Yucca Manufacturing last week and people are loving it! If your interested DM me or check out our site www.yuccamanufacturing.com

5D4D17D1-4C7C-434C-9FF1-AAF58FC73123.jpeg

AB8CE605-9E10-4428-8F48-D8FE6AD4B3AF.jpeg
This is the tent I’ve been considering. How difficult would it be to put up for one person? Side note: I’ll be camping with my GSP as well!

RUBYDOOZ

Badlands
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rubydooz.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

5D4D17D1-4C7C-434C-9FF1-AAF58FC73123.jpeg

AB8CE605-9E10-4428-8F48-D8FE6AD4B3AF.jpeg
Sad to see Yucca manufacturing is out of business. Any idea if it will come back? The rack looks amazing!!

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Bump. I, too, would purchase one of these racks if the company decided to reopen. Please, please, please.

Reactions: ORG

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I’ve spent my entire life backpacking and camping. I have to ask what’s the appeal of these tents that attach to the vehicle trunk? If it’s for the extra space there are a lot of tents that you can get an add on “garage”. I own one made by big Agnes. These days I prefer sleeping in a hammock rather than a tent when I can so what do I know ?. I really am curious though.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Hey Idontknow, check out my thoughts on the subject:

Ground tent vs that roof top money stealer.

Extra space, can purchase even larger,
No need to carry/pack a bulky ladder and risk injury climbing up on your roof and crawling in a cramped tent,
Expense!!!! Those roof toppers are stupid expensive.
Behind the BS means I can stand up and stretch on a rainy day,
Access all my gear without climbing up and down a ladder,
And the number one reason the back hatch ground tent is far better !!!
If the zombie apocalypse happens I can crawl right into the driver seat, make my escape!
With the tent flopping in the breeze behind me, I’d be able to sling off the zombies hanging on ya know :,P
I should make another movie :)
…..
Back to reality, to all the Fraddie cats out there, got news for ya.
Bears can climb ladders, As for a grizz, you’d be at dinner table height.
Snakes, well on the ground you’d have to keep your zippers closed tight so they don’t crawl in your sleeping bag…

Last edited:

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I agree, the roof tops are crazy expensive, but will be my choice of tent. I will probably get the annex attachment for gear, changing, etc. My plan is to overland a bit and explore, maybe a day or two at a location, quick set up and take down. Yet can still be used for a week long outing at a single location. Though it is challenge if you intend to set up a base camp and want to drive around and explore.

You'll have somewhat of a warning if a critter/bear attempted to climb the ladder, I imagine your vehicle is gonna shake and cause some commotion. Ground tent, maybe less of a response time. Unless you're gonna spend all your time in Alaska, Canada and the northern west states, your chances of running into a grizzly are kind of slim.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No need to carry/pack a bulky ladder and risk injury climbing up on your roof and crawling in a cramped tent,
If the zombie apocalypse happens I can crawl right into the driver seat, make my escape!
With the tent flopping in the breeze behind me, I’d be able to sling off the zombies hanging on ya know :,P
…..
Snakes, well on the ground you’d have to keep your zippers closed tight so they don’t crawl in your sleeping bag…
I see so this is in replace of the car topper ones.

And yes bears absolutely can climb and they do it very well and quickly. Watch some videos it’s hilarious. Best thing you can do to keep bears away. Keep your food out of your tent.

If your looking for a bigger tent with some extra space but can still be used without the car. This is mine that I use when I’m we will call it luxury camping. At least my version of it.

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack 4CF68519-F4F3-4617-B9A4-40EB4EA7C1AC

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

…..
You make many valid points and I own a RTT, the back hitch tent, as well as a stand up cabin tent and use them all in different situations. The RTT gives you the option to end your trip late and not really having to worry about setting up camp. Can have mine up less then 10 min; a little longer if using the rainfly. So for that aspect I love; also being able to sleep up off the ground and being able look up into the stars Is a different feel.
You are absolutely correct they are expensive; the only reason I bought mine was REI was having a 20% off tent sale and then being a member you get the 10% dividend payment so it was worth the purchase for me. But I do not use if for every camping adventure. Ladder is part of tent; and I never have issues climbing up or down; me and my wife sleep inside comfortably. I only use it for sleeping as I bring a canopy and a awning for hanging out. 2 downsides of it is storage of tent and putting it on the roof with my wife. She is 5' and the tent weighs 105#; so it's always an effort.

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack 20210625_192216

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack 20210625_185936

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack 20210618_172239

Ford Bronco Sport Rightline SUV tent and YuccaMnfg Rack 20210709_181049

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If your looking for a bigger tent with some extra space but can still be used without the car. This is mine that I use when I’m we will call it luxury camping. At least my version of it.
… so big, the Bronco Sport is now inside the tent with ya. ;-)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I agree, the roof tops are crazy expensive, but will be my choice of tent. I will probably get the annex attachment for gear, changing, etc. My plan is to overland a bit and explore, maybe a day or two at a location, quick set up and take down. Yet can still be used for a week long outing at a single location. Though it is challenge if you intend to set up a base camp and want to drive around and explore.

You'll have somewhat of a warning if a critter/bear attempted to climb the ladder, I imagine your vehicle is gonna shake and cause some commotion. Ground tent, maybe less of a response time. Unless you're gonna spend all your time in Alaska, Canada and the northern west states, your chances of running into a grizzly are kind of slim.

Not really worried about bear but we have black bear here.

Fun fact# 4,336:
In a Grizz attack it’s often told that we should cover our soft organs and play dead,
In a black bear attack we need to fight like crazy because if you play dead the black bear will have you for dinner, or lunch…
Truth !

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really worried about bear but we have black bear here.

Fun fact# 4,336:
In a Grizz attack it’s often told that we should cover our soft organs and play dead,
In a black bear attack we need to fight like crazy because if you play dead the black bear will have you for dinner, or lunch…
Truth !
Pretty much true. Black bear make yourself as big as possible and make lots of noise and thy will typically run off. Now if you somehow manage to get in between a black bear mom and her cub….well just don’t do that it probably won’t end well. Lol
Sponsored