GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
I’ve always enjoyed Jalopnik reviews of vehicles. Here’s his take on the Bronco sport ( he had both a FE and OB vehicles to review)

My favorite part, he got pulled over for speeding while playing with the 1.5 l sport mode:
Crap. That’s what I get for normally driving a 997cc/53 hp car and then letting myself get intoxicated by the raw, unbridled power of 1500cc divided between three cylinders. I’m such an idiot.

All in all, he liked it because it was fun.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mostly passive aggressive review. The guy’s overly sarcastic tone isn’t really working for me. There’s plenty of people doing off road stuff with the sport and it’s shown itself to be plenty capable. He all but insults everyone that drives suvs, and basically calls the Sport a fraud that piggybacks on the Bronco name. $@!% this guy.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mostly passive aggressive review. The guy’s overly sarcastic tone isn’t really working for me. There’s plenty of people doing off road stuff with the sport and it’s shown itself to be plenty capable. He all but insults everyone that drives suvs, and basically calls the Sport a fraud that piggybacks on the Bronco name. $@!% this guy.
This a hundred times. The link was posted earlier and I hold the same perspective, his creative writing attempt was garbage. His birkes and socks perspective means nothing. It's his opinion...just like an axxhole everybody has one. He tries to play both sides ...it's cool but it sucks, I mean I had so much fun and Target store soccer mom van...whatever. seems like anyone with access to s laptop is today's journalist.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mostly passive aggressive review. The guy’s overly sarcastic tone isn’t really working for me.
Reviews soaked in sarcasm, snark, and/or passive-aggressiveness are a turn off these days. One thing left unresolved from the other thread on this same review: how does his pricing work out? Canadian $ for the FE?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
And here I thought maybe you guys would say I was being harsh, I appreciate the validation of my perception.
He’s probably inflating the price just to be a jerk.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And here I thought maybe you guys would say I was being harsh, I appreciate the validation of my perception.
He’s probably inflating the price just to be a jerk.
Nah spot on. I have no issue with someone simply not liking it or certain features but he was pandering to everyone with the passive aggressive stuff. Hey bronco fans it's neat but for all my Jeep loyalist readers yeah it's trash too. Grow a pair dude.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I can picture this guy,
Very overweight, never goes outside, about 40 years old and still living at his mother's house.
Drives a CRV...
Never even touched a BS.
I call BS I mean bull hockey..

OP
OP

GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Wow, I took his review in stride.

Yes, he was trying to find fault with the BS, that’s his approach. Subtract out the snark, it wasn’t a bad review. If he’s underestimating the BS, he’s missing a gem, something that any of us know, whether you’re lucking enough to be driving one or like me, waiting (im)patiently for your car to move out of the infinitely long “In Production” state.

I‘m just happy to see a new review on the Bronco Sport, something to gobble up while waiting…..

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The entire thing is snark. He suggests that we’re cosplaying by driving them, as he cosplays as a competant writer. He should stick to his fb rants…..

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Be a little less touchy folks. Remember, you are not what you drive, and hopefully your identity isn’t tied up in a silly toy truck ?
Sponsored