Removing Ford emblem on rear lift gate - adhesive or guide pins?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was just razzzzing.... about Ford
Nah I get it. Some folks do get really worked up by it. Guy I knew went off about dealer decals. Said I am not advertising for them...well...why did you buy from them if you don't support them? A small decal isn't going to ruin your car.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Nah I get it. Some folks do get really worked up by it. Guy I knew went off about dealer decals. Said I am not advertising for them...well...why did you buy from them if you don't support them? A small decal isn't going to ruin your car.
I peeled the white dealer decal off my Shadow Black base model.
IMHO It looked cheap and tacky.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I peeled the white dealer decal off my Shadow Black base model.
IMHO It looked cheap and tacky.
White decal on shadow black, yeah I get that. This guy was incensed that the dealer was trying to advertise. Literally went off...you just wanted your bronco to look better.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
White decal on shadow black, yeah I get that. This guy was incensed that the dealer was trying to advertise. Literally went off...you just wanted your bronco to look better.
I always tell to dealer to either take it off before I sign or give me a discount on the car. The take it of 100% of the time with no questions asked.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I agree. But they are tacky. Here at least, the only dealerships that used to do that - no one does now at all - were the American car companies back when American cars were best used as huge paperweights or landfill. (As a Canadian, I have a different view on nationalism and car buying - Toyota Corollas are domestic, so are Honda Civics ;p) For me, as a bit of a car snob, the chrome dealer stickers were a sign of, well, no thank you! Even though my Bronco Sport is no build quality dynamo - my last car was a VW Golf costing almost 20k less money and was fitted together better (21.5k vs 39.5k) - I would have to say that Ford at least has closed the quality gap. Mostly. Messy welds, weird ass gaps, and ill fitting plastics aside...

That said, I don't care about the dealer plate frame. I also don't mind sending people there as they are a good dealership (even if they don't know the ins and outs of the Bronco Sport as well as they should!). The people are kind, they worked hard to get me a good deal, and found my vehicle in less than three days, and delivered it to my house so I didn't have to come into the shop. No real concerns with them at all.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I agree. But they are tacky. Here at least, the only dealerships that used to do that - no one does now at all - were the American car companies back when American cars were best used as huge paperweights or landfill. (As a Canadian, I have a different view on nationalism and car buying - Toyota Corollas are domestic, so are Honda Civics ;p) For me, as a bit of a car snob, the chrome dealer stickers were a sign of, well, no thank you! Even though my Bronco Sport is no build quality dynamo - my last car was a VW Golf costing almost 20k less money and was fitted together better (21.5k vs 39.5k) - I would have to say that Ford at least has closed the quality gap. Mostly. Messy welds, weird ass gaps, and ill fitting plastics aside...

That said, I don't care about the dealer plate frame. I also don't mind sending people there as they are a good dealership (even if they don't know the ins and outs of the Bronco Sport as well as they should!). The people are kind, they worked hard to get me a good deal, and found my vehicle in less than three days, and delivered it to my house so I didn't have to come into the shop. No real concerns with them at all.
Irony, no car is nationalistic anymore. My Ford Hecho en Mexico. My challenger fabriqé en Canada owned by an Italian company. My Honda built in Chicago, my Jeep built in Toledo using parts from Mexico etc. NOTHING is American made. Saline MI has a huge Toyota plant. Times have changed considerably. Now my challenger? The dealer was an A-hole...tossed all dealer marks in the trash. My bronco the guy was great. I did remove the cheap plate trim but keep the hitch plug which has a nice Ford oval and their dealership name. Like you said, I don't mind sending business their way.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Irony, no car is nationalistic anymore. My Ford Hecho en Mexico. My challenger fabriqé en Canada owned by an Italian company. My Honda built in Chicago, my Jeep built in Toledo using parts from Mexico etc. NOTHING is American made. Saline MI has a huge Toyota plant. Times have changed considerably. Now my challenger? The dealer was an A-hole...tossed all dealer marks in the trash. My bronco the guy was great. I did remove the cheap plate trim but keep the hitch plug which has a nice Ford oval and their dealership name. Like you said, I don't mind sending business their way.
A lot of people still don't realize this.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... Now my challenger? The dealer was an A-hole...tossed all dealer marks in the trash. My bronco the guy was great. I did remove the cheap plate trim but keep the hitch plug which has a nice Ford oval and their dealership name. Like you said, I don't mind sending business their way.
Me again.
One nice thing about the traditional Big 3 (I am dating myself since Toyota and the VW group passed them years and years ago) is that if you don't like dealership A, dealership B is usually one town over or right around the corner for all intents and purposes. I think we have four or five Ford dealerships in our region, at least, but exactly one Subaru dealer. Even VW as the world's largest automaker only has three in the region - one per city. The sheer number of dealerships can be really useful if one dealership is less than stellar.
I have to wonder though how sustainable that is long term now though. We shall see I suppose.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Me again.
One nice thing about the traditional Big 3 (I am dating myself since Toyota and the VW group passed them years and years ago) is that if you don't like dealership A, dealership B is usually one town over or right around the corner for all intents and purposes. I think we have four or five Ford dealerships in our region, at least, but exactly one Subaru dealer. Even VW as the world's largest automaker only has three in the region - one per city. The sheer number of dealerships can be really useful if one dealership is less than stellar.
I have to wonder though how sustainable that is long term now though. We shall see I suppose.
Yeah same here, age and all of it. I live in the Detroit footprint so as you said , when I pull up a 50 mile search I am looking at close to 35 Ford dealers with most of them in business more than 35 years. Many probably closer to 50-60+. I shopped around a lot, usually you develop a relationship with a sales person. With the online arm of sales my reach extended considerably. Somewhat for the good, a few not so good to deal with. My brother in law is searching for a truck, he works with one guy. That dealer has zero inventory so he waits. It's puzzling.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah same here, age and all of it. I live in the Detroit footprint so as you said , when I pull up a 50 mile search I am looking at close to 35 Ford dealers with most of them in business more than 35 years. Many probably closer to 50-60+. I shopped around a lot, usually you develop a relationship with a sales person. With the online arm of sales my reach extended considerably. Somewhat for the good, a few not so good to deal with. My brother in law is searching for a truck, he works with one guy. That dealer has zero inventory so he waits. It's puzzling.
I am smack in the middle of Southern Ontario's car belt and that means there are a lot of domestic Hondas, Toyotas, and GM/Fords being built. Used to be more, but there ya go.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The car dealership can put their name and logo on my license plate holder but I really dislike them putting it on YOUR car (not theirs) without asking

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Well, damn...I was looking at some pics and realized the emblem is recessed, confirmed by checking it myself. So removing it would leave a Ford emblem recessed void.

Oh well. I might have to find something for the passenger side for symmetry's sake.
I also wanted to balance out the symmetry so I went with the OEM black badge from the big bronco. I'm sure the big bronco folks will cry foul but whatever. The bucking bronco image is literally everywhere inside the vehicle, so why not on the rear end ?‍♂

Ford Bronco Sport Removing Ford emblem on rear lift gate - adhesive or guide pins? IMG-7503
Sponsored