Relocating to Baltimore

FB71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Festiva, '94 F-150, '04 Town Car
My wife grew up in Essex (near Back River Neck and Turkey Point Roads).

Sadly, that's an example of an area Topher would be well advised to avoid.

As you said though, good crabs!
speaking of food and that area, make sure you get to Pizza John's! The Corruzzi's are good people with great food. John is long retired, but still makes his PR rounds some nights, and Pete runs the place with his kids. I went to school with Pete's kids, and all the Corruzzis were customers of my dad's business.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When i asked my sister in law what part of town we are the response in 4 separate texts was: Westgate, West Baltimore, City/County Line, Catonsville. Needless To say Iā€™m more confused šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

FB71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When i asked my sister in law what part of town we are the response in 4 separate texts was: Westgate, West Baltimore, City/County Line, Catonsville. Needless To say Iā€™m more confused šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Pretty much all the same. Westgate is near Rt40, which is the county/city line of west Baltimore, and is often considered part of Catonsville.

I work in Catonsville. Not a bad part of town. I don't know your political leanings (doesn't matter to me), but Catonsville is heavily democrat, if that matters to you.

FB71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And since you're on the west side, you need to go to old Ellicott City, and get lunch at the Trolley Stop! Trolley Chicken #3! You also need to go to Kelsey's Pub in Normandy Plaza shopping center. Even if you don't drink, it's worth a visit for their food.

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I still get down to Bā€™more regularly. Been awhile since I lived there. Iā€™ve a few favorite food and drink places around town as well as some good arts recommendations. Iā€™ll be catching a show there next month.
if youā€™re off-roading extends to two wheels, Patapsco State Park is a good biking area. Assateague is a great place to explore the ocean coast.

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Relocating to Baltimore IMG_8275
Ford Bronco Sport Relocating to Baltimore IMG_8280
Ford Bronco Sport Relocating to Baltimore IMG_8256

well I finally made it to Baltimore yesterday. 3 days on the road. 420 miles day 1, 515 miles day 2, 535 miles day 3.
Bronco Sport did great towing the trailer and I would do it again if I had to.
Looking forward to trying some of the food places yā€™all suggested.

RNM

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I will keep my eye on this thread. I know there are sure to be lots new places to explore. I am interested to see what people post up.

xm41907

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm just south of Baltimore City. Many good recommendations in this thread. As for off-roading, there's not a lot that I've found. I'll second The Frederick Municipal Forest as a decent soft road adventure. I haven't taken my BS out there yet, but I did go there a few times with my 2010 Escape. Not many people know of it or use it. Mainly mountain bikers.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I'm just south of Baltimore City. Many good recommendations in this thread. As for off-roading, there's not a lot that I've found. I'll second The Frederick Municipal Forest as a decent soft road adventure. I haven't taken my BS out there yet, but I did go there a few times with my 2010 Escape. Not many people know of it or use it. Mainly mountain bikers.
From my earlier post (#8):

"The Frederick Municipal Forest is just a few miles from our house. As the blog says, it's light off-roading. They were talking about installing gates a while back -- you might want to check before driving out from B'more."

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Local news has great coverage of the bridge collapse disaster. And yeah traffic congestion in the area some of the worse in the country. But you can drive to mountains or drive to beach for vacations thats a plus. High crime rates in the city but they are taking real steps to address that problem. Crazy insane out of this world high housing and rent prices except in the high crime rate areas.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
compass crusher Exterior Modifications 17
rdc17 Mid-Atlantic USA 9