Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport,’18 Ford Fiesta,’92 Ford Explorer
Our ‘21 big bend has just turned 14,000 miles and has had zero problems, other than the beluga whale mating call while backing up. I’m not worried about it, I’m going to replace the pads myself when some are available. Ours has the recall on the oil separator but I checked ours out and it is good to go. I can understand the concerns about reliability and the troubles of finding a good dealer that will take care of you when they do. I have been a technician for 20 years so I am fortunate to not have to deal with the dealer about a lot of things, as sometimes little problems that come up is easier to just go ahead and take care of instead of the ordeal of the dealer repairing it.
Sponsored

Fredghost

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Remember also, people almost never post how problem free their vehicle has been. We tend to post problems. My 2021 OB only has that intermittent brake squeal. She has otherwise been problem free and has done everything asked of her. I'm looking forward to towing our camper this summer.
What kind of camper do you have?

Bronco307

Badlands
First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 22 Big Bend
OP-I can definitely sympathize, as I'm in a similar boat as a first time Ford buyer, coming from years of Toyota, Subaru, Honda, and Mazda with few (if any) reliability issues during my ownership (though most I haven't kept very long). I never thought I'd end up in a Ford, but these Bronco Sports tick too many of my wants for a vehicle to ignore, and once I test drove one, I was hooked. Now my wife and I each drive one.
For me, Consumer Reports rating helped ease my mind, as well as a multitude of positive reviews from other outlets. I still have hesitations about the long-term reliability, but if I decide to keep these for more than 3 years, I'll likely purchase extended warranties from Zeigler to help "future proof" for a bit longer. Outside of an extended warranty, you don't really have a lot of options other than to jump ship to a different vehicle.

OP
OP

jackiegFord

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
What kind of camper do you have?
[/Q
That is great to hear. I've driven a couple more weeks now and it hasn't come back on. I hope you and I both have good luck going forward :)
That is great- thank you!
OP-I can definitely sympathize, as I'm in a similar boat as a first time Ford buyer, coming from years of Toyota, Subaru, Honda, and Mazda with few (if any) reliability issues during my ownership (though most I haven't kept very long). I never thought I'd end up in a Ford, but these Bronco Sports tick too many of my wants for a vehicle to ignore, and once I test drove one, I was hooked. Now my wife and I each drive one.
For me, Consumer Reports rating helped ease my mind, as well as a multitude of positive reviews from other outlets. I still have hesitations about the long-term reliability, but if I decide to keep these for more than 3 years, I'll likely purchase extended warranties from Zeigler to help "future proof" for a bit longer. Outside of an extended warranty, you don't really have a lot of options other than to jump ship to a different vehicle.
Thank you- I too had Subarus past 11 years with no issues but this Bronco Sport is a lot more fun to drive. I agree if I keep beyond the 3 years warranty, I'm buying extended.

jake4042

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ended up trading in the 2021 BS Big Bend. Got $33k for trade-in. Bought it for $29k new :) It is listed at $38k on the dealer site. Got a 2023 Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus. Couldn't be happier. One of the most reliable auto companies and its loaded and quality is A+.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ended up trading in the 2021 BS Big Bend. Got $33k for trade-in. Bought it for $29k new :) It is listed at $38k on the dealer site. Got a 2023 Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus. Couldn't be happier. One of the most reliable auto companies and its loaded and quality is A+.
So your advice is sell it and buy something else

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The reason people hear about so many having problems is that people come to boards like this to complain about problems, both real and perceived and don't come here to tell about how they have no problems whatsoever.

Which is where I'm at. 13 months trouble free and I'm happy.
How is it that your vehicle hasn't had any recalls and yet almost every other Bronco sport owner has?

jake4042

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So your advice is sell it and buy something else
I felt in my situation it was the best option. With the values so high on trade-in I am paying about the same for a fully loaded new car that I feel will be more reliable with way better quality.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How is it that your vehicle hasn't had any recalls and yet almost every other Bronco sport owner has?
It has one recall and that's to inspect the right oil thing a ma jig which they'll do on my next service call. I've looked though, and it's not leaking, so it's not a problem.

Besides, I never said I did have any recalls in my post anyway, I said I didn't have any problems, but this one is a nothing burger, so it's not a problem.

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
I gave up my BSBL order for the CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus. 400 miles in and love it. Jump on cx50forums.com
Sponsored