Rear window gets less dirty with rear spoiler ???

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
For those of you with the rear spoiler have you noticed that the hatch an window get to be less dirty because of the rear spoiler ???
Sponsored

E229Lt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Expedition
It will, the spoiler breaks up the negative pressure behind the car if the spoiler curves down the back.

OP
OP
JAD67428

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
It will, the spoiler breaks up the negative pressure behind the car if the spoiler curves down the back.
Thanks for your response.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
If it's anything like my Focus ST... does nothing at all to stop snow and dirt buildup on the back. Makes it much harder to clean though.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I'm assuming the spoiler makes the back even dirtier. The effect would be to shield the top edge of the car/window from the airflow. That creates a low pressure area that sucks in stuff both over the spoiler lip and up from below. That's why things don't fly out the back of an open truckbed.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
If it's anything like my Focus ST... does nothing at all to stop snow and dirt buildup on the back. Makes it much harder to clean though.
Agreed, our '12 Focus was terrible so I'm reluctant to install a spoiler on the BS unless I'm really convinced it will work.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
I'm assuming the spoiler makes the back even dirtier. The effect would be to shield the top edge of the car/window from the airflow. That creates a low pressure area that sucks in stuff both over the spoiler lip and up from below. That's why things don't fly out the back of an open truckbed.
Yep, it sucks snow up off the road for sure.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I don't have the spoiler and the back of my car is relatively clean despite 3 days of driving in the snow.

My last two cars had more raked rear ends and both had roof spoilers, and they got filthy whenever it would snow or rain.

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
Remember decades ago when domestic automakers were too cheap to install rear wipers on wagons, but you could get a "spoiler" to direct air across the back glass to help keep it cleaner?

Ford Bronco Sport Rear window gets less dirty with rear spoiler ??? 763975179

I'll say that our BS and Sprinter both collect a ton of filth on the rear glass compared to previous cars with more traditional rooflines.
Sponsored