doradojoe

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche, 2017 BMW X3, 23 BMW X3, 17 VW Bettle
2021 Badlands 15K mile service, uneven wear on rear tires only - noticing vibration at higher speeds on interstate.
No alignment issues, tires are balanced. What's going on here?
If they are Continental tires they will cup, my experience they all do. Only option is to replace them with a better-quality tire. Michelin or Perilli
Sponsored

carlea_w

Badlands
First Name
Carlea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
2021 Badlands 15K mile service, uneven wear on rear tires only - noticing vibration at higher speeds on interstate.
No alignment issues, tires are balanced. What's going on here?
I have the 2021 Badlands Bronco Sport with the Falken Wildpeak tires. I hadn't noticed an issue until just recently when the entire rear of my car starting making a very strange creaking and clunking sounds. The dealership wanted to pin it on the brake squealing issue, so they replaced the bearing in the side where the most noise was heard. It did not fix the big problem (it did fix the squeaky brakes when backing up problem though). They ended up replacing the entire rear differential, which was covered under the 60k warranty as I am at 53k miles. All the sounds are gone, but the rear tire where the sound originated is clearly worn more than all the other tires. It is definitely noticeable. Such a bummer the warranty probably doesn't include ruining the tires. I am sure if I had taken it in to a regular oil change shop for services rather than having it done at home, someone would have noticed the uneven wear earlier. I'm curious if yours progressed into the differential issue.