Hound

Badlands
First Name
Hound
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento, Porsche 718
Does anyone know if the passenger (40%) side of the rear seat (pan & back) can be completely removed, while leaving the 60% side installed? My present ride has that capability, and it is perfect for my packing needs. ---- Hound
Sponsored

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
On the BL you might be able to remove both of the 40% side seat cushion and back but the under floor storage I think would be fixed as it seems to extend under the center area. On the lower trims the seat looks to not have the split.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
The Porsche 718 can do that? Impressive.

All kidding aside, the Bronco Sport is only a 5 seater while your Kia Sorento is a 7 seater... that's a whole different size class.

With that said, with all seats up.. The BS will have 29cuft of space, while the Sorento has 11.3cuft. the Sorento with its rear seat down has about 38cuft. Removing another 40% seat will give about 14-16 cuft..

You will have more cargo space with the Bronco Sport if you put all of the rear seats down.. but at a loss of passenger seating of course.

Depending on what you are carrying.. maybe a locked roof carrier would be able to help with additional cargo space. There are also Hitch mounted cargo racks as well.. but.. uh.. theft is something to think about.

OP
OP

Hound

Badlands
First Name
Hound
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento, Porsche 718
The Porsche 718 can do that? Impressive.

All kidding aside, the Bronco Sport is only a 5 seater while your Kia Sorento is a 7 seater... that's a whole different size class.

With that said, with all seats up.. The BS will have 29cuft of space, while the Sorento has 11.3cuft. the Sorento with its rear seat down has about 38cuft. Removing another 40% seat will give about 14-16 cuft..

You will have more cargo space with the Bronco Sport if you put all of the rear seats down.. but at a loss of passenger seating of course.

Depending on what you are carrying.. maybe a locked roof carrier would be able to help with additional cargo space. There are also Hitch mounted cargo racks as well.. but.. uh.. theft is something to think about.
Amazingly the 718 can carry a very small (flexible) adult in the front trunk (frunk)!

What I'm really after is floor to roof height in the area where the 40% seat would be removed from. In the Sorento I have 44.5 inches of height with the seat out. Since the BS rear seat clearance is 41.7, if the 40% side can be removed, I'll probably have the 44 inches I want.

Regardless, my order for a Cactus Gray BS BL, with gray roof, stands firm!

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Amazingly the 718 can carry a very small (flexible) adult in the front trunk (frunk)!

What I'm really after is floor to roof height in the area where the 40% seat would be removed from. In the Sorento I have 44.5 inches of height with the seat out. Since the BS rear seat clearance is 41.7, if the 40% side can be removed, I'll probably have the 44 inches I want.

Regardless, my order for a Cactus Gray BS BL, with gray roof, stands firm!
I think what Thatch said earlier would stand true. You could probably remove the seat but you'll have that compartment to deal with. However, that can probably be removed too, either easily or by force.

OP
OP

Hound

Badlands
First Name
Hound
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento, Porsche 718
I think what Thatch said earlier would stand true. You could probably remove the seat but you'll have that compartment to deal with. However, that can probably be removed too, either easily or by force.
Hopefully that will come out easy too. From what I have seen, that looks like it's only under the right hand passenger seat. Don't know for sure.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Hopefully that will come out easy too. From what I have seen, that looks like it's only under the right hand passenger seat. Don't know for sure.
That's what it looks like to me. No video shows that its available on the other side.

OP
OP

Hound

Badlands
First Name
Hound
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento, Porsche 718
That's what it looks like to me. No video shows that its available on the other side.
I'm thinking it's probably all one unit. The seat, with the storage compartment, and the seat back all come out together by removing four bolts. We will see.
Sponsored