Rear flood lamps on tailgate

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My new favorite thing... the tailgate flood lamps. I used for the first time last night. And you can aim them! So useful for unloading all my crap. ?

Newbie to the forum and the Bronco Sport, so my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but do the lights turn themselves off after a certain time if I forget to turn them off?
Ford Bronco Sport Rear flood lamps on tailgate EC00127D-FD01-45EC-AD04-462044DF7064

RaffaUSMC

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Iā€™m pretty sure when you close the tailgate with the lights on, they turn off automatically. Iā€™m pretty sure I tried this about a month ago, but Iā€™ll have to check again

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
You are correct! When I first turned the lights on and then I closed the tailgate, it didnā€™t shut all the way. Duh!! Shut the tailgate properly and the lights went off.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I must hand it to Ford. They did a good job tying heritage into the broncos, and more importantly truly modernizing with so many little things. Parts which make it cool for me, the little bottle opener, stupid but clever as heck for camping, recreation. The flood lamps with aiming capability in the bottom of the gate. The rear window vs full gate option. That was great on my 79, though with a swing spare, the rear window keyed down. The molle features on the seats, the 110v power supply, probably missing a lot of things as I am still waiting on production.

Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You are correct! When I first turned the lights on and then I closed the tailgate, it didnā€™t shut all the way. Duh!! Shut the tailgate properly and the lights went off.
As per the Owners Manual, the lights will operate for 45-minutes then shut off automatically and will shut off when the rear hatch door is closed . This is from the Bronco Sport Canadian Owners manual.

Ford Bronco Sport Rear flood lamps on tailgate CD945155-4560-4FC0-9344-21D2FA32BF9C

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Also, they can be turned on with the hatch closed. Useful for grabbing stuff through the glass.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
combination of the rear floods, 110V outlet came in handy around 4AM. My son was at work, picked up a screw in his tire, flat to the rim. Hauled out to his jobsite, opened the gate, used the lights to see the screw, used the compressor to test the wheel. We opted to remove and replace with the spare and I loaded the injured tire in my cargo space. It absolutely made my assistance incredibly easier. I did learn to carry an extension cord in the future. That was the only thing lacking as we had to stretch the tank cord a little. All in all it went smooth. Even had room for my floor jack instead of his little OEM roadside scissor jack. Thanks Bronco, all those little details add up. Bronco to the rescue!

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
My new favorite thing... the tailgate flood lamps. I used for the first time last night. And you can aim them! So useful for unloading all my crap. ?
Ford Bronco Sport Rear flood lamps on tailgate EC00127D-FD01-45EC-AD04-462044DF7064
Ford did an exceptional job implementing this lighting feature!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored