Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone noticed a rattle in either of their B-Pillar Uppers by chance? I have noticed that on hot days when I get in my BB and start driving - there is a very audible rattle coming out of the B-Pillar Upper. Being that my ear is pretty close to the seatbelt opening, it's hard to ignore. It's almost like a hard plastic component is making contact with a similar material. The funny thing is that when it's cooler out, or if I've been driving for a while with the AC on - the rattle is gone. I'm not sure if there is a thermal expansion issue with some component in this area or something of that nature, but I thought I'd ask the forum to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
Sponsored

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone noticed a rattle in either of their B-Pillar Uppers by chance? I have noticed that on hot days when I get in my BB and start driving - there is a very audible rattle coming out of the B-Pillar Upper. Being that my ear is pretty close to the seatbelt opening, it's hard to ignore. It's almost like a hard plastic component is making contact with a similar material. The funny thing is that when it's cooler out, or if I've been driving for a while with the AC on - the rattle is gone. I'm not sure if there is a thermal expansion issue with some component in this area or something of that nature, but I thought I'd ask the forum to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
Yes, I have noticed a rattle as well and the dealership has had a very difficult time trying to pinpoint what is causing it since it seems more noticeable on certain road surfaces/speeds. The latest solution is to replace the adjuster in the pillar. Hopefully that gets rid of the rattle since, as you pointed out, it's right next to my ear and once you hear it you can't stop hearing it.

OP
OP
Hanjoelo

Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, I have noticed a rattle as well and the dealership has had a very difficult time trying to pinpoint what is causing it since it seems more noticeable on certain road surfaces/speeds. The latest solution is to replace the adjuster in the pillar. Hopefully that gets rid of the rattle since, as you pointed out, it's right next to my ear and once you hear it you can't stop hearing it.
Thanks for responding. Was the rattle assessment covered under warranty by chance? I've been putting off going to the dealership because I didn't want to have to pay out of pocket.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for responding. Was the rattle assessment covered under warranty by chance? I've been putting off going to the dealership because I didn't want to have to pay out of pocket.
Absolutely it is covered. It's been ongoing for a couple months but the dealership confirmed they could hear the rattle (or "chatter" as they called it) and they are working with me to fix the problem. They gave me a loaner Bronco Sport so I could leave mine with them for a few days and it did not have the issue so I know it is not "normal". I'll let you know how it turns out when the part finally comes in so they can replace it.

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Mine rattles in that location sporadically. I haven't been able to determine any common conditions for when it does.

OP
OP
Hanjoelo

Hanjoelo

Big Bend
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Absolutely it is covered. It's been ongoing for a couple months but the dealership confirmed they could hear the rattle (or "chatter" as they called it) and they are working with me to fix the problem. They gave me a loaner Bronco Sport so I could leave mine with them for a few days and it did not have the issue so I know it is not "normal". I'll let you know how it turns out when the part finally comes in so they can replace it.
Thanks again for the info. Called the dealer and booked an appointment for next Tuesday. I'll be sure to let you know as well what comes of it.

ImdaJesus

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No idea where or what the B pillar is so I can look can someone help me out?

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah mine does that, but only sometimes. I was going to bring it in but it only didn’t it sometimes and with my luck they wouldn’t be able to recreate it.

It’s super annoying once you notice it, as you mentioned it’s right next to your ear

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Brought it today, parts on back order. Said they would call me when it’s in.

Zeegull

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm hearing the same noise with my BS Outer Banks. Happens at highway speeds. Any update on if the issue was fixed and what the cause was?