"Rattle" In Driver Side B-Pillar Upper?

hf995

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
@COBronco @760Bronco @Hanjoelo any update on this? This is my first warm weather with my 2022 BS and I'm staring to hear this same "chatter" everyone is describing. In the B-Pillar right at ear leval, hot weather dependent, and mostly at highway speed. Very frustrating and would appreciate any insight as to possible fixes that have worked for you all before I engage my dealership.
Sponsored

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
@COBronco @760Bronco @Hanjoelo any update on this? This is my first warm weather with my 2022 BS and I'm staring to hear this same "chatter" everyone is describing. In the B-Pillar right at ear leval, hot weather dependent, and mostly at highway speed. Very frustrating and would appreciate any insight as to possible fixes that have worked for you all before I engage my dealership.
Two years later and it’s still there. The dealer replaced the seatbelt mechanism in the pillar and I think the roof rack mount above the pillar as it seemed to not be as “solid” as the other mounts and the thought was the vibration might be transferring through the pillar. This past winter I thought it was finally magically resolved but about a month ago I noticed it again when I leave for work in my neighborhood (when I drive over seams in the road) but less so on the highway. Still annoying. I called a different dealership to get a new opinion before my warranty ran out but they said they would need to keep it for a week or more to diagnose the issue. Can’t be without a car that long so I’ll live with the noise until someone posts a definitive solution. If that’s the only issue with my Bronco Sport I’d say I’m doing pretty well!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

hf995

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Two years later and it’s still there. The dealer replaced the seatbelt mechanism in the pillar and I think the roof rack mount above the pillar as it seemed to not be as “solid” as the other mounts and the thought was the vibration might be transferring through the pillar. This past winter I thought it was finally magically resolved but about a month ago I noticed it again when I leave for work in my neighborhood (when I drive over seams in the road) but less so on the highway. Still annoying. I called a different dealership to get a new opinion before my warranty ran out but they said they would need to keep it for a week or more to diagnose the issue. Can’t be without a car that long so I’ll live with the noise until someone posts a definitive solution. If that’s the only issue with my Bronco Sport I’d say I’m doing pretty well!
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that the issues is still outstating for you.

I scheduled a service appointment for next week, but I decided to do some diagnostics myself beforehand. To assist me, I had a passenger sit in the rear seat with me.

During our testing, we wound up focused on the "Grab Handles" above the rear window(s), which hadn't crossed my mind before since I rarely use the back seats or have passengers back there. However, I noticed that both the driver-side and passenger-side grab handles were unusually loose compared to the more securely fastened front passenger side handle.

We conducted some driving on a bumpy road that consistently generates the noise. With the grab handle fully extended and applying some downward force to eliminate any play or movement, the noise almost completely disappeared. As soon as we released my hand, the sound instantly returned or intensified. Similarly, by applying mild equal pressure inward at both anchor points of the handle in the closed position, we could achieve a similar reduction or elimination of the noise. Once again, the sound resumed or intensified upon releasing the pressure.

I'm planning to bring these findings to the attention of the technicians at the dealer's service department during my appointment next week. I'll make sure to provide an update as soon as I hear their professional opinion.

@COBronco it would be interesting to see if manipulating the grab handles in a similar fashion could potentially address your noise issues as well. If you get a chance to try it out, I'd love to hear about your experience.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Interesting, I will look into that and see if that has an effect - thanks for the update!

maxamilus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've noticed that how the trim piece that has the keypad is positioned seems to impact how much noise I hear. Mine seems to move a little bit. If it's pushed towards the driver window, it seems to creak a bit that carries through the door and is noticeable on bumps and as the car rolls on turns. If you pull on it away from the window, it feels more solid, less noise on bumps.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
I have a passenger seat belt adjuster(in and out part not up and down part) that will “moan” when it moves, like lean forward,”moan” back”moan” , annoying. They are replacing under warranty though.
Sponsored