Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My ‘21 had a small rack last week but it is rapidly growing. Who has experienced replacing theirs? Dealers, auto window dealers? I’ve heard they are hard to come by. you're experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Several threads on folks having an issue with cracked windshields, and what they did (who they used) to get them replaced.

Your first step would be to contact your insurance company. In Florida, a replacement windshield is covered (no deductible) under basic coverage. Other states do not have this.

Your insurance may also have a preferred vendor that you use. Ask for an OEM windshield; see what they say. Some windshield replacement companies will come to your home or work place and replace it.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Definitely insist on OEM glass. I had a tree limb break real glass on my 350Z and insurance initially replaced with non-OEM glass and it had to be replaced with the original glass.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My ‘21 had a small rack last week but it is rapidly growing. Who has experienced replacing theirs? Dealers, auto window dealers? I’ve heard they are hard to come by. you're experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Red21Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm on my 4th windshield on my '21 BB. Covered under insurance. Satellite did the replacements. On the 3rd windshield they showed up with replacement glass. In talking with the installer he said "you don't want this in a new car like yours. I'm going back and tell them it's not going to fit right. He came back the next week with OEM glass.

OP
OP
Tamztrk

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yikes guys, thank you for the replies. I don’t think my insurance covers my glass as my husband shot down the extra coverage 😬 I will definitely replace with the OEM.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I called the dealer I purchased it from and they sent me to a glass company who doesn't have any and hasn't called back in a month. He said it would cost about $800 since I don't have adaptive cruise control.

OP
OP
Tamztrk

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I called the dealer I purchased it from and they sent me to a glass company who doesn't have any and hasn't called back in a month. He said it would cost about $800 since I don't have adaptive cruise control.
The glass company can get me one fo $950. I do have adaptive cruise. I’ve had ten cars over the years, this is the first one I’ve needed to replace..

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
In NM, you hope for a crack every few years, because the windshield gets pitted from being sandblasted. But at this price, I'll wish I could go a long time without a crack.

OP
OP
Tamztrk

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wishing you luck 🍀