Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I have badlands and I just finished pressure washed my car and where I live it rains for couple days and good thing is I didnt see any leaks. Try to pressure wash your car so you could spot where the leaking is.
Sponsored

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
If your dealer is Malloy, find a new dealer. My previous Ford went there for service. Never again.
Agreed Malloy is awful. I learned when I had an Explorer years ago. I had a friend recommend this one and know a young lady that used to be a mechanic there so thought Iā€™d get good service.

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
I have badlands and I just finished pressure washed my car and where I live it rains for couple days and good thing is I didnt see any leaks. Try to pressure wash your car so you could spot where the leaking is.
i went through an automatic car wash on Saturday and didnā€™t visually see anything (and I have seen a random drip here and there before) but I also had the undercarriage cleaned which I donā€™t do every time I wash it. They said my floor board is soaked so is it possible something under my truck isnā€™t sealed? They also said there was a slight musty smell which wasnā€™t there on Sunday when I drove it over to themā€¦ Iā€™m baffled reallyā€¦
Iā€™ll see about getting to a power washer if they donā€™t find anything and make me leave! Thanks!!

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Agreed Malloy is awful. I learned when I had an Explorer years ago. I had a friend recommend this one and know a young lady that used to be a mechanic there so thought Iā€™d get good service.
Mine now goes to Front Royal Ford. I got great service there when they were Shenandoah Ford. I hope things don't change with new owners. My BS hasn't needed anything besides an oil change. ? I hope you find the cause of your problem. And it's easily fixed.

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Mine now goes to Front Royal Ford. I got great service there when they were Shenandoah Ford. I hope things don't change with new owners. My BS hasn't needed anything besides an oil change. ? I hope you find the cause of your problem. And it's easily fixed.
yes. Mine too. I like it there, Iā€™m just hoping maybe with calmer heads tomorrow, we can get back to the task at hand. Iā€™d prefer to not see them all the time!!

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
****Update****
I received a phone call from the service department and they finally took my truck through the car wash! They found a leak by my brake pedal where water was coming inside. Once back in the shop, they found a bunch of leaves were clogging up the Cowl drain and making it go inside instead. They cleaned it up, ran it through two more washes, and didn't see another leak. Hopefully this is all that was wrong, and my truck can get back to normal now!! Glad it wasn't anything too difficult!! Thanks for your help!!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice they we're able to figure out the problem.

Interesting that you didn't mention anything about leaves. I have trees that drop a lot of leaves, I always clean them out of the cowl vents to make sure they don't block or clog anything up, that goes for all my vehicle's.

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Nice they we're able to figure out the problem.

Interesting that you didn't mention anything about leaves. I have trees that drop a lot of leaves, I always clean them out of the cowl vents to make sure they don't block or clog anything up, that goes for all my vehicle's.
I never knew this was a thing!! I have a Corolla that has sat in the same spot as my Bronco since 2007, and it's never happened with it! There's only 1 tree that my Bronco is remotely close to so maybe this happened before I got it... I think it's odd that I've had it since last March and it just randomly started doing this about 2 weeks ago now.

Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
****Update****
I received a phone call from the service department and they finally took my truck through the car wash! They found a leak by my brake pedal where water was coming inside. Once back in the shop, they found a bunch of leaves were clogging up the Cowl drain and making it go inside instead. They cleaned it up, ran it through two more washes, and didn't see another leak. Hopefully this is all that was wrong, and my truck can get back to normal now!! Glad it wasn't anything too difficult!! Thanks for your help!!
This is very important to know.. ill make sure mine is clear of leaves. thanks for the update.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
i went through an automatic car wash on Saturday and didnā€™t visually see anything (and I have seen a random drip here and there before) but I also had the undercarriage cleaned which I donā€™t do every time I wash it. They said my floor board is soaked so is it possible something under my truck isnā€™t sealed? They also said there was a slight musty smell which wasnā€™t there on Sunday when I drove it over to themā€¦ Iā€™m baffled reallyā€¦
Iā€™ll see about getting to a power washer if they donā€™t find anything and make me leave! Thanks!!
Just read an article referenced in another thread on this forum where Motor Trend explains the differences in the BS and the Escape ( quite informative).
One if the items mentioned in their discussion about water depth capability of the BS was that all BSā€˜s have 6 ā€œhidden drainsā€ under the rubber mats. Perhaps your undercarriage ā€œcleaningā€ caused water to enter thru one/more of those drains. That could explain your ā€mustyā€ odor and inside windshield frost.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2021-ford-bronco-sport-escape-suspension-awd-systems-explained/

Last edited:
OP
OP
eastcoastbroncosport

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just read an article referenced in another thread on this forum where Motor Trend explains the differences in the BS and the Escape ( quite informative).
One if the items mentioned in their discussion about water depth capability of the BS was that all BSā€˜s have 6 ā€œhidden drainsā€ under the rubber mats. Perhaps your undercarriage ā€œcleaningā€ caused water to enter thru one/more of those drains.
Interesting! Doesn't explain why mine has leaked when sitting still in a flat parking lot... however, it's been raining all morning here and I just went to check and the floor is bone dry! It makes no sense.

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
One if the items mentioned in their discussion about water depth capability of the BS was that all BSā€˜s have 6 ā€œhidden drainsā€ under the rubber mats. Perhaps your undercarriage ā€œcleaningā€ caused water to enter thru one/more of those drains. That could explain your ā€mustyā€ odor and inside windshield frost.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2021-ford-bronco-sport-escape-suspension-awd-systems-explained/
Thanks! That's a very informative article!
I park in a "parking lot" of sorts and there's always two or more vehicles that are located closer to this tree than mine and we all back in to our spaces... I'm honestly not sure how 1 single autumn would pack leaves into this area enough that it would make this issue so the extra drains would help make sense. It's the first time I've gotten the undercarriage cleaned, and there were pretty wet roads when I took it to the dealership though I didn't hit any puddles or anything... The dealership didn't even dry my carpet (they just ran my truck in the parking lot for two hours with my heat on) so the smell is getting worse. I would've thought they would've used a dehumidifier or taken the carpet up to dry or something, but from the looks of it, they never even took up my floor mat... The only thing I noticed inside of my truck was a hole way behind my brake pedal that had a rod coming up through it (pardon my ignorance)... It's hard to have made an investment like this, and have mildew forming. I read the owners manual and it didn't say anything about making sure that I "daily/weekly cleaned" any portion to prevent this from happening. I live where I work/park, so I usually only drive my truck on Friday's. I'd like to figure out exactly where all of these drains are though... I think I need a day inside of my shop to get under it and find everything. Time will tell if it happens again.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
If you have moon roof check that for clogs before the rainy season as well. I've come out to a car with a ton of water inside from that.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The dealership didn't even dry my carpet (they just ran my truck in the parking lot for two hours with my heat on) so the smell is getting worse.
My wife had '85 Mustang bad water leak when new. It turned out to be missing body sealer on firewall. We pulled the front seat and other trim pulled carpet up and put heater in there to dry it out. Most vehicle carpet has pad under it and it not gonna dry unless its pulled up so all the moisture can get out.
Sponsored