Production delays??

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
I just left the dealership and the new car manager was sitting there so as a reader of this fourm and knowing what to ask I had him pull my vin in ford's live tracking system...........not telling him that ford email to me that build date was pushed up to 3/8 he pulled my vin and in the live system it said that my bs ob +ob+ tow is in the line being built ahead of the build week by 2 weeks ......it helps to know be for you go in asking questions what can be done my advice to readers is have all the information that people here are saying to check with the new car inventory managers they have a idea of how to search better with your vin #...........looks like a early April delivery for me
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My mannequin took 6 1/2 months from order date to arrival at the dealership! I can have it in 54 days. The sales manager said the mannequin program rules are a little more complex than I was aware of, with various combinations of minimum time on the lot vs. miles on the odometer -- and that there is "mannequin money" the dealer receives from Ford if they follow the rules and keep it the full term. He mentioned something about "giving back" some of it if they can let it go a couple of months early.

Last edited:

b_wilson271

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Bronco Sport
When I use the vin decoder on the site it says can’t retrieve this vin. I checked it several times. I also would like to know how many were built on my build day. That’s what I’m trying to figure out. It was built 1/27/21.

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When I use the vin decoder on the site it says can’t retrieve this vin. I checked it several times. I also would like to know how many were built on my build day. That’s what I’m trying to figure out. It was built 1/27/21.
If your where tracking it before and it was finding it and now it's not mine did that when it got to the state i'm getting it from dealer said it was close. Has been a week should be any day now, I hope.

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
only about 4K were built in January so it couldn’t have been too many.

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
According to the tracker, my BS BL finished building 03/05 and shipped 03/06. The date at the bottom of the sticker has changed to 03/09. Not sure why. The vehicles coming to my dealership go the the Billings Mont. railhead and are trucked here. Someone at the railhead is watching for my VIN. Hope to hear more soon.

a

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
So much for “no scheduling” this week. Just received my sixth... seventh production week change? Honestly I’ve lost count. The last three changes were 5/3, 4/26, and now again 5/3. Seems they can’t make up their minds. Email received at 9:02 tonight. Sad way to end the day for sure.

For anyone curious, the original was 2/15...

b_wilson271

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Bronco Sport
only about 4K were built in January so it couldn’t have been too many.
The date below special order says 01/27/21 however the blend date says 02/05/21. It will probably count as a February build date. It is invoice #601 for the day. I wonder how many they make a day

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
The date below special order says 01/27/21 however the blend date says 02/05/21. It will probably count as a February build date. It is invoice #601 for the day. I wonder how many they make a day
it probably fluctuated quite a bit as parts they were short on came in. I don’t know how many days a week they run the plant but they can run 3 shifts a day.

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
Day number 128 since order built 3/10 shipped 3/12…..........and it's........you guess it is still not here this just sucks

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Day number 128 since order built 3/10 shipped 3/12…..........and it's........you guess it is still not here this just sucks
I know the feeling. My original BB order is at 178 days since order placed (243 since reservation) and still not even built. Waited so long I saved enough to upgrade.

My current OB order is at a more tolerable 54 days and counting. Due for production in early May.

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
Mine sat in a railyard in the middle of Chicago for 5 to 6 days. Now on it's way again. Chicago seems to be a staging area for north area of country. BNSF shipping west and CSX shipping east. I suppose they have to build up rail cars to make shipping more economical.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yep I agree. Wait has been very long... but for perspective I reserved my FE 7/13/20, 256 days ago; ordered 7/29/20, 241 days ago. And mine finally built 3/19, not due to deliver until 4/24.

And I’m not the only first day reservation still waiting for their Bronco Sport.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Yep I agree. Wait has been very long... but for perspective I reserved my FE 7/13/20, 256 days ago; ordered 7/29/20, 241 days ago. And mine finally built 3/19, not due to deliver until 4/24.

And I’m not the only first day reservation still waiting for their Bronco Sport.
You could be waiting for the First Edition big brother! COVID sucks but somewhere along the line Ford has to take some blame. I am wondering how FORD is going to respond to the Seuz canal. I really don't think Ford was ready for this online order thing the tried with Bronco's.
Sponsored