Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Go for it!
From Feb 8 to March 21 build. Silly. So many other cars catching my eyes. With rebates and clean vehicle grants, model y tempting. However the rav4 prime is looking sweet for less cost than my reserved FE.
Go for it! Those rav4s with the CVT transmission are so badass!
Sponsored

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Dealer said that I wouldn’t have a vin number until about a week or before my production date.
Yeah that's not true. I already have mine and it's not scheduled for production until April. Give Ford marketing (it's a confusing name for the department. It's not like their advertising department, it's essentially customer service) a call, 1-800-334-4375, and provide them with your order number and they will be able to provide your VIN, if it exists. That's actually how I got mine.

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah that's not true. I already have mine and it's not scheduled for production until April. Give Ford marketing (it's a confusing name for the department. It's not like their advertising department, it's essentially customer service) a call, 1-800-334-4375, and provide them with your order number and they will be able to provide your VIN, if it exists. That's actually how I got mine.
Don’t even have an order number. Would be suspicious if I wasn’t receiving the update emails from Ford.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Don’t even have an order number. Would be suspicious if I wasn’t receiving the update emails from Ford.
That you should be able to get from your dealer. It might be an "order code."

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks, I was able to get my order number and vin calling them directly. Appreciate it.

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Production date changed for the fifth time today. BACKWARDS! :D First positive movement I’ve seen since August. From 5/3, now up to 4/26!
What was your order date?

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
What was your order date?
10/2.

Edit: sorry that was my original order date. I changed from a BB to OB on 1/27. The OB has changed production dates two times, and my old BB order (now the dealers to keep) has changed three times.

I’ve got a lot of emails from Ford haha, hard to keep them straight.

Husky248

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek
I'm seeing in multiple posts that folks have been able to add the Cargo Management System to orders that have already been scheduled. My BL +BL has a vin # assigned and shows a scheduled build week of May 5th. I called my dealer to add the CMS and was told that it was to late to add to the order. Any insight on how folks successfully added a 'simple' factory option like the CMS to an order scheduled so far out? Is it really too late?

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I'm seeing in multiple posts that folks have been able to add the Cargo Management System to orders that have already been scheduled. My BL +BL has a vin # assigned and shows a scheduled build week of May 5th. I called my dealer to add the CMS and was told that it was to late to add to the order. Any insight on how folks successfully added a 'simple' factory option like the CMS to an order scheduled so far out? Is it really too late?
I placed order for BL + BL 2 weeks ago, received order confirmation next day then email one week later with estimated build week of May 10. Today (2 weeks from order date) I received VIN and build week moved up to May 3. I texted dealer back this evening with a couple of changes including adding tow package. He replied that his manger had left for evening and that he would get with him tomorrow morning to make changes. I hope changes can be made and do not push off build week.

Husky248

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek
Update: I reached out to the General Sales Manager of the dealership this morning and explained that I wanted to add the CMS to my order. He said he wasn't sure it was possible, but that Ford was allowing some 'unique' things when it came to the Bronco and Bronco Sport orders. He went into my order while I was on the phone, was able to add it, submit it and send me an updated copy of the 'Preview Order' generated by the system which showed the addition of the CMS along with the other details of my order. The best part is that my scheduled build week of May 5th remained intact! As an added bonus, he corrected my email address which had been entered into the system incorrectly. Shortly after that I received an email from Ford Motor Company confirming "We are excited to let you know your 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 3, 2021." ....Previously I only had word of mouth confirmation from the salesperson.

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
Checked my VIN on the Ford vehicle tracker today and it said in production. I ordered on 07/29, and about a week and a half ago I got an email pushing back (third time) my build date to 03/01. It 's a BL + BL, copilot +, and tow package. Surprised but happy. Printed out the window sticker to hang next the BS picture that says "Coming soon to a driveway near Me".

mountainkim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport
Checked my VIN on the Ford vehicle tracker today and it said in production. I ordered on 07/29, and about a week and a half ago I got an email pushing back (third time) my build date to 03/01. It 's a BL + BL, copilot +, and tow package. Surprised but happy. Printed out the window sticker to hang next the BS picture that says "Coming soon to a driveway near Me".
Mine did the exact same thing this morning. I have the exact same story as well. When I emailed my dealer today to ask him to keep me updated now that I have the window sticker, his reply was "I see the 3/1 build date in the system". I'm guessing that means it isn't going to start production until 3/1, but would love if it were to be built this week!
Sponsored