Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was told there are “commodity delays” and my production date has changed from Jan 18 to Feb 8. It’s a little frustrating but I’m hanging in there.

I am using my Mom’s 2nd vehicle which is a 99 gmc Sonoma. Not a great car for picking up the kids but I only live 2 blocks from their daycare.

I would love to drive around one of those mannequins as a courtesy to the dealer. Get them up to the 4000 miles so they can sell it. Kidding! Not kidding.
Sponsored

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
So not related to broncos but my brother had to take his F-150 in to get something fixed. He took it in before christmas and they told him today they won't have the parts to fix it until lat February. Looks like these part issues are affecting more than just us

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
So not related to broncos but my brother had to take his F-150 in to get something fixed. He took it in before Christmas and they told him today they won't have the parts to fix it until lat February. Looks like these part issues are affecting more than just us
I order vehicles for my work and have been waiting for a build date for an F-150 since Sept. There are a ton of commodity issues affecting the F-150. The F-150 issues make the Bronco Sport ones look like nothing.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Just for another point of reference, I was an Aug 21 order, Badlands+Badlands and tow package (black roof though). My first schedule date Feb 22 has been moved once to Mar 1. I am anticipating another email moving it another week as I've seen plenty of those going around. Looking like April for me as well either way.
Got a new e mail from Ford today. Another delay now March 8th started with a Feb. 22 production date. At what point should I consider this a 2022 Bronco Sport
yes I had same thing !! Advise to change from OB+OB to BL+BL . Delays on 18 OB rims, grey roof,
Bad news is now my weight starts over !!

Mgboyd

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There is a global semiconductor shortage and it is hitting all auto mfg hard. In 2Q20 there was an auto demand downturn and a consumer electronics upturn due to covid and working from home. The semiconductor fabs shifted production to consumer electronics over automotive. There was a WSJ article this week. It is expected to last through 2021.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There is a global semiconductor shortage and it is hitting all auto mfg hard. In 2Q20 there was an auto demand downturn and a consumer electronics upturn due to covid and working from home. The semiconductor fabs shifted production to consumer electronics over automotive. There was a WSJ article this week. It is expected to last through 2021.
Louisville Assembly (Escape/Corsair) was down week of 1/11 and is now down again for next 2 weeks due to semiconductor (chip) shortage. Wouldn’t be surprised if many of the modules in the Bronco Sport are the same as Escape but perhaps with some different firmware...

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Louisville Assembly (Escape/Corsair) was down week of 1/11 and is now down again for next 2 weeks due to semiconductor (chip) shortage. Wouldn’t be surprised if many of the modules in the Bronco Sport are the same as Escape but perhaps with some different firmware...
The Bronco Sports are built in Hermosillo, Mexico, so I don't know if they're being affected by the shortage. Ford might be prioritizing production of the Broncos because it's such an important new product for them.
Sponsored