2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Reactions: Jrl

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I watched this the first time way back in the day it first came out and decided to watch it again before I took delivery of my sport. Its informative but for some reason he doesn't include the most used control on the steering wheel sticks; the turn signals. In fact, of all the videos I have seen not one ever says anything about the turn signals. I guess your only supposed to drive in a straight line in a sport.
The steering wheel stalks are pretty common in both their placement and their operation. Would you really want this information included in a video? Should brake pedal location and usage be covered as well??

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The steering wheel stalks are pretty common in both their placement and their operation. Would you really want this information included in a video? Should brake pedal location and usage be covered as well??
If I was a first time driver, which I am not, the turn signals are one of the first things I would need to be told how to use, so yes. One of these days you will put on a helmet like in a battlemech and simply think what you want your car to do. Once that happens I wont need a turn signal stalk.

Also, to be fair in the video he went over things like how to turn on your headlights, which has had the same dash icon since... I don't know when but certainly decades. Also comes to mind, this is the key fob, it starts the car. I never would have guessed that one :)

OP
OP
Rgill

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Secure Code Keyless Entry