Prevent pinstriping off-road?

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I am looking for the best preventive measure against pinstriping when I take my bronco sport off-road. What is the best product for that? Also, I’d like to get some side molding and decals installed. Not sure I can find one shop that will do everything but if someone has a general suggestion, for away. I am not interested in a rugged wrap or any kind of wrap. What I’m looking for is opinions regarding ceramic coating or some kind of a polymer/wax. Got one quote of $2200 for a ceramic coat, self-healing with a five year warranty but they didn’t do the other work I was interested in. Are there any brand names of ceramic coating I should be considering?
Sponsored

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
They have magnetic panels that can go on the sides. But needs to be really clean first before putting them on. Not sure if they’re out for the BS though. They suck though. Can come off at highway speeds.
I just bring a machete and hatchet etc to trim the trail as I go. That’s your best bet

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Nothing like this (A pic I got on facebook). Enjoy your off-road adventures & surely even if you had to go to the level of a full wrap you won’t be quite like this.
Ford Bronco Sport Prevent pinstriping off-road? 1659125850216

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
What I’m looking for is opinions regarding ceramic coating or some kind of a polymer/wax. Got one quote of $2200 for a ceramic coat, self-healing with a five year warranty but they didn’t do the other work I was interested in. Are there any brand names of ceramic coating I should be considering?
A ceramic coating will protect against very minor scratching but will not prevent the “pin-striping” of a branch scraping down the side of the BS. The only thing that will somewhat do the job is a Paint Protection Film (PPF) like a clear bra but on the sides. I don’t even think that most wraps will be strong enough to no be punctured by a scrape.

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Nothing like this (A pic I got on facebook). Enjoy your off-road adventures & surely even if you had to go to the level of a full wrap you won’t be quite like this.
Ford Bronco Sport Prevent pinstriping off-road? 1659125850216
I very much expect that a year from now, my car will look like this, unless I get something on it. I'm not doing a PPF or a Rugged Wrap, which would probably be best. I'm not spending 5K+ to maybe prevent a few thousand dollars of damage. Dollar wise, I'll just get a good wax job every so often, if that's mostly just as good.

How soon can you wax a new car? Would a polymer, out of a bottle, be as good or better? I know dealers do that, at time of sale, sometimes.

My dealer tried to sell me their ceramic coating for $600-$700. It was in a box with the name Zurich, on it but couldn't really tell me much about it.

Reactions: MJE

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ok people, it’s a vehicle. If you want to take it off road, pin stripes are normal. This is not a problem. Enjoy the ride.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I very much expect that a year from now, my car will look like this, unless I get something on it. I'm not doing a PPF or a Rugged Wrap, which would probably be best. I'm not spending 5K+ to maybe prevent a few thousand dollars of damage. Dollar wise, I'll just get a good wax job every so often, if that's mostly just as good.

How soon can you wax a new car? Would a polymer, out of a bottle, be as good or better? I know dealers do that, at time of sale, sometimes.

My dealer tried to sell me their ceramic coating for $600-$700. It was in a box with the name Zurich, on it but couldn't really tell me much about it.
With today’s low VOC paints, you can pretty much do whatever you want in terms of buffing/polishing/waxing/coating at any time. If it just came from the body shop you might want to wait a week but nothing like the “months” they used to tell you to wait.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yup, here’s for hill country pin striping!
Sponsored