BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This may be just an annoyance but lately on startup intermittently the available preset screens goes from my usual 4 to 2.

I can switch it back by going into the setup screens and telling it, but it is aggravating. Anyone else had this issue?

Secondly, since the most recent iOS update I've noticed the latency time on hardwired CarPlay has gone from almost immediate to we'll see about that. Worse yet, even with the phone plugged in, Sync isn't always recognizing CarPlay. Fortunately I can still use bluetooth but when I'm navigating with the phone it is a PITA.

Anyone else having these issues? I will have to check my Sync build to make sure its current.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This may be just an annoyance but lately on startup intermittently the available preset screens goes from my usual 4 to 2.

I can switch it back by going into the setup screens and telling it, but it is aggravating. Anyone else had this issue?

Secondly, since the most recent iOS update I've noticed the latency time on hardwired CarPlay has gone from almost immediate to we'll see about that. Worse yet, even with the phone plugged in, Sync isn't always recognizing CarPlay. Fortunately I can still use bluetooth but when I'm navigating with the phone it is a PITA.

Anyone else having these issues? I will have to check my Sync build to make sure its current.
You most likely need to upgrade to
SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 23188 PRODUCT

What version of IOS are you using? IOS 17.1.1 and earlier have known issues with CarPlay .. I am waiting on 17.2 expected mid December 2023

OP
OP
BourbonRunner

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
iOS 17.1.1- latest update. Will have to check the Sync build to see where it lands, bought in early July.

Ive noticed some bugs in the iOS, too on other ecosystems. My home automations were a little messy.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iOS 17.1.1- latest update. Will have to check the Sync build to see where it lands, bought in early July.

Ive noticed some bugs in the iOS, too on other ecosystems. My home automations were a little messy.
The CarPlay bugs in iOS 17.1.1 are the reason I’m waiting for 17.2 mid December, however these do not impact all users - some people report no issues with CarPlay using iOS 17.1.1.

from your post listing issues with presets going away etc - those should be fixed by running SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 23188 PRODUCT .. you have to check using the scan for latest updates under Settings on the 8” Display (not by checking using Ford’s website: https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/).

OP
OP
BourbonRunner

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was trying to resist the update on the iOS but my other devices acted all screwy.

JaxPony

Base
First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium, 2020 Bronco SPor

just an FYI 17.1.2 was released yesterday, precursor to the 17.2 update due this month

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi. So does anyone know if the latest update resolves the CarPlay/bluetooth audio dropouts?
IOS 17.1.2 is a security update, I’ve seen nothing specific about bug fixes or fixes to CarPlay/bluetooth

OP
OP
BourbonRunner

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
FWIW I just ran an errand and all 5 presets from the last time I drove it were there and the latency for CarPlay was minimal. Go figures.

Will be leaving shortly for an appointment and will see if that's still the case.

OP
OP
BourbonRunner

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sync 3.4, Build 22251_Product

The latency issues with CarPlay seem to have gotten better but the preset thing is annoying. I wonder if there is a way to tell Sync to not grab the Bluetooth signal from the phone and just default to CarPlay?

Seems like every 3rd time I start the car I have to go back into the menus and tell it to display more than 2 screens of presets. This has not been an issue until the past 2-3 weeks. Took delivery of it in July.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
If you're still running 22251, you need to update to 23188. Cheers!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync 3.4, Build 22251_Product

The latency issues with CarPlay seem to have gotten better but the preset thing is annoying. I wonder if there is a way to tell Sync to not grab the Bluetooth signal from the phone and just default to CarPlay?

Seems like every 3rd time I start the car I have to go back into the menus and tell it to display more than 2 screens of presets. This has not been an issue until the past 2-3 weeks. Took delivery of it in July.
As stated upgrade to Sync 23188
You can disable Bluetooth on your iPhone but I think doing that doesn’t allow CarPlay to work bc my understanding is CarPlay uses Bluetooth and the CarPlay interface to Sync
There is a post about that on this Forum

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

This is a known issue with Build 22251.

There is a serious rwdata issue with 22251. Update to 23188 and all your issues will be resolved.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Electronics, Nav, SYNC, FordPass, ForScan, A/V, Communications 5