Pre collision warnings

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I‘ve gotten three pre collision warnings now in about 2500 miles of driving. Twice when it happened there was nothing within 5 car lengths of me, anyone else getting these random warnings?
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I‘ve gotten three pre collision warnings now in about 2500 miles of driving. Twice when it happened there was nothing within 5 car lengths of me, anyone else getting these random warnings?
Not so far.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
The wife had one the other day , she was accelerating onto a highway & a truck (SUV ) cut in front of her to get on the same road . The flashing screen & noise & collision warning freaked her out , but thats what its for . She said the Truck (SUV ) was very close , so maybe there are safety range adjustments somewhere in the software ?

OP
OP

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The wife had one the other day , she was accelerating onto a highway & a truck (SUV ) cut in front of her to get on the same road . The flashing screen & noise & collision warning freaked her out , but thats what its for . She said the Truck (SUV ) was very close , so maybe there are safety range adjustments somewhere in the software ?
There is a sensitivity setting in the software where you set approximate car lengths to react to. I think normal is two, and the least sensitive is 1 car length. I currently have it set to two, but as getting alarms when there isn’t anything around me.

Your wife’s incident is how I would expect it to work. For now I guess I will keep an eye on it to try to figure out what it’s reacting to.

Inlandgirl

Big Bend
First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
I just had this happen to me this week. On a long trip, just driving down the freeway, not even remotely close to another vehicle or obstacle and it just randomly flashed and alert sounded then went off. No braking automatically applied or anything, just a random alert. What the heck?

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I have it set to the least sensitive setting and I find it to still be more sensitive than my previous Lexus.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I first encountered this back in 2010 on a Lincoln MKS it was my first car that had this system and it worked perfectly most of the time , it did activate a couple of times when I had a car in front of me about 75 feet away making a right hand turn the system would go off , now with a 2021 first edition that I have had since last march I also have received 3 warnings when someone was also making a right turn . Very strange, if my memory serves me right all turns are without turn signals

Ford Bronco Sport Pre collision warnings 3B50ABA8-7CFC-45C9-B84F-6839E16D946F
Sponsored