PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Went up Elwood Pass in SW CO today in the BL!
Ford Bronco Sport Post Your Bronco Sport - Off-Roading Videos PXL_20210529_190727307.MP
Ford Bronco Sport Post Your Bronco Sport - Off-Roading Videos PXL_20210529_215705954.PORTRAIT~2
Only got stopped because one of the river crossings was a little too deep and fast today. Next time...

Reactions: Wyo

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
It won't let me upload much video, but a short clip...

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Hi! We took ours up above Central City in Colorado towards St Maryā€™s Glacier this past weekend and it did great! I had high expectations from all the videos I have been watching and I believe it surpassed what I expected!

I kept it in Normal until we got into a spot where the driver front tire and passenger rear tire were both off the ground. Once I put it into Rock Crawl with the 4x4 and Rear Diff ā€˜lockedā€™ it did great. You can really tell the difference once you engage both of those.

I also used Trail Control (see the video going up the hill) and it did wonders. Went up a 12% grade at 2 MPH with ease.

Using the Off Road gauges, we maxed out incline/decline at about 17% to 18% on a couple of the hills and also maxed the side to side angle at about the same 17% to 18% (although, I didnā€™t stay at that angle as it was while traversing an obstacle).

Of course the pictures and videos flatten the landscape so it doesnā€™t look that impressive ?.

We did poke a small hole toward the bottom of the plastic covering the front underside from hitting a rock, but that was it, nothing major!

I would say limiting factors are ground clearance, but if you are careful and choose a good line it is better than you think. I would also say that we didnā€™t experience any overheating issues, but it did sound like the car was definitely working hard to keep everything cooled, especially on some of the hills we were climbing that required Rock Crawl Mode.

Next time we take it out I will do my best to get more photos and videos of the action.

If you have any questions or anything let me know! I am not an experienced off roader by any means, but would be happy to do my best to answer any questions.

P.S. For the Videos you may have to download them to view. That was the only way I could get them to work on the iPhone, unless someone has another suggestion.

Ford Bronco Sport Post Your Bronco Sport - Off-Roading Videos 571C6E82-FA87-4D34-87C0-A215D583D128

Ford Bronco Sport Post Your Bronco Sport - Off-Roading Videos 5107F644-3AF1-4E15-A0A5-C08074A4DDDC

Ford Bronco Sport Post Your Bronco Sport - Off-Roading Videos F89CC04E-5C9E-4B60-BF5E-72A9AB2E8418

Attachments

OP
OP

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy

Most extreme I've seen yet (1.5" lift and 245/70R16 Toyo Open Country AT3 tires)

Curnpoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Curren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OuterBanks

Threw the OuterBanks through some mud yesterday!
Sponsored