Palsapp + "Pending" + Window Sticker Date Change = IDK!

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry about the potential noob question and especially sorry if it's been answered already but I'm not having any luck finding a real answer.

Yesterday the date changed on my window sticker changed from 2/6/21 to 2/24/21 and palsapp tells me that the origin is Buffalo, NY and the status is "Pending".
Does this means that the vehicle has been offloaded from the railcar, is now in possession of the transport company and just waiting to be loaded onto a truck for delivery? If so is there an average amount of time they sit before they are shipped from their origin city? The dealership is only about 90 mins from the railyard so I would imagine that leg of it's trip won't take very long.

Here are the dates from fordtracker.tech
ETA End Date2021-03-13
Production Date2021-02-12
Ship Date2021-02-16
Before I found this info on fordtracker the dealer told me that it left the factory on 2/16 and that was confirmed above. The dealer also gave me an estimated delivery date of 2/21 (which has obviously passed). I spoke to them this AM and right now they tell me they have no updates so I'm trying to ascertain what I can from what I do have.

Thanks!
Sponsored

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
So I guess this is as good as a time as ever to post my first post. I've been lurking on this forum since July but haven't made an account until today. I've read every thread and every comment and have checked this site 4-5 times a day since July. Today is finally the day I will be picking up my OB at 5:30 PM EST. For reference my order was confirmed on 8/12/20. Built 2/5/21 and shipped 2/6/21, with a estimated delivery date of 3/11. Surprise, the car was delivered today! (2/25/21)

I live around Pittsburgh have actively tracked several of the Ford dealers in a 100 mile diameter, including Ohio. I have used the official Ford tracking app as well as the other popular Palsapp/fordtracker and the several different rail companies posted. I can certainly tell the other members that are from Pittsburgh that the delivery time is RANDOM! I am sure this goes for other areas in the country but thee is no exact science to this tracking. Heck the dealers sometimes don't even know where the car is. What I have found is that they ship in groups. From the patterns I have seen, the BS is built by region. Most of the VINs I ran over the past couple months in my area have similar build dates (same day/same week) and that most of them ship on the same day. Sometime they all arrive in 2 week spans and sometime 1 month spans but they all arrive at similar times. Use this to your advantage if you did not order a BS. If you see a Ford dealer re-stocking their supply, good chances other Ford dealers are about to get a shipment as well.

The tracking apps and sites will not give you an accurate description of where your BS is. They are only good for giving you nuggets of info. For example the Palsapp .com will only tell you where your BS is getting off the train at. I knew the exact time this morning when my BS was on the truck and I physically saw it come off the truck. The Palsapp never changed. The BS was in transit and the app still said pending (it's delivered and still says pending).

Lots of members on the forum have theories about the dates on the Window Sticker. I guess I should throw mine out there as well.... The first date I received on the sticker was my build date then ship date then the next day it updated again, maybe because it crossed the border? It updated 3 times after that until today's date(delivered). No one knows exactly but I think we all have pretty good guesses.

Your dealer will always have the most up to date location but even they might be a day or two behind and possibly a city or two behind. I hate to say it but the best course of action is to sit and wait.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I guess this is as good as a time as ever to post my first post. I've been lurking on this forum since July but haven't made an account until today. I've read every thread and every comment and have checked this site 4-5 times a day since July. Today is finally the day I will be picking up my OB at 5:30 PM EST. For reference my order was confirmed on 8/12/20. Built 2/5/21 and shipped 2/6/21, with a estimated delivery date of 3/11. Surprise, the car was delivered today! (2/25/21)

I live around Pittsburgh have actively tracked several of the Ford dealers in a 100 mile diameter, including Ohio. I have used the official Ford tracking app as well as the other popular Palsapp/fordtracker and the several different rail companies posted. I can certainly tell the other members that are from Pittsburgh that the delivery time is RANDOM! I am sure this goes for other areas in the country but thee is no exact science to this tracking. Heck the dealers sometimes don't even know where the car is. What I have found is that they ship in groups. From the patterns I have seen, the BS is built by region. Most of the VINs I ran over the past couple months in my area have similar build dates (same day/same week) and that most of them ship on the same day. Sometime they all arrive in 2 week spans and sometime 1 month spans but they all arrive at similar times. Use this to your advantage if you did not order a BS. If you see a Ford dealer re-stocking their supply, good chances other Ford dealers are about to get a shipment as well.

The tracking apps and sites will not give you an accurate description of where your BS is. They are only good for giving you nuggets of info. For example the Palsapp .com will only tell you where your BS is getting off the train at. I knew the exact time this morning when my BS was on the truck and I physically saw it come off the truck. The Palsapp never changed. The BS was in transit and the app still said pending (it's delivered and still says pending).

Lots of members on the forum have theories about the dates on the Window Sticker. I guess I should throw mine out there as well.... The first date I received on the sticker was my build date then ship date then the next day it updated again, maybe because it crossed the border? It updated 3 times after that until today's date(delivered). No one knows exactly but I think we all have pretty good guesses.

Your dealer will always have the most up to date location but even they might be a day or two behind and possibly a city or two behind. I hate to say it but the best course of action is to sit and wait.
Thanks for the info!!

Reactions: Jrl

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
My Dealer is Shults and I have a feeling a lot of the BS in the rust belt area are being delivered today or this weekend. Shults only had updates when it shipped from Mexico and when it arrived in Ohio and when it trucked over to PA. I could've asked for more updates but didn't want to be "that dude". The Palsapp did/does say Lordstown Ohio and if you google map it, you can see the HUGE railyard.

Also wasn't sure if I made this clear but based on other members, the location in the USA doesn't really factor into the timeframe of delivery. I've read of people in Southern Cali still taking 2 weeks from their ship date and I have countless number of VINs in the rust belt area that took 2 weeks exactly to deliver from Mexico.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same dates as my BS 12 /16 shipped and a transit date of19 days.I think maybe end of next week. For Pittsburgh delivery.
Just a reference; I have a transit date of 25 days.

Originally the dealer told me that would be 4-6 weeks (they ordered it not me) and I was fine w/that. Then after less than a week of going back & forth w/them it turned into a week and half, then last week it was "any day now, def before 2/21".

I'm beginning to think that they started adjusting the ETA to get me to move on it and since it's a FE w/almost everything I wanted (no cargo mgmnt) I didn't want to let it slip away.

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
Yes for sure agree,also a shults dealer customer in south hills but my car is first going to Harmarville store then to southhills .
This will be my first experience from Shults but it will be from the Wexford location. I pay/pick up the BS later but do you have any experience with them? Service decent? Dealer mark up?

BTW I see Richard Bazzy out and about on lunch breaks. Have you seen the cowboy hat in person?

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
So this is also my first deal with this company,so yours is going to Wexford store?I got cactus gray what color is yours?
It is actually sitting in the Wexford lot right now and its area 51 blue! That Catus grey is silky smooth though!

I know you said the south hills dealership wasn't great with updates. Did you try the Ford headquarter phone number? 1-800-392-3673 I didn't try it but maybe they can give you more accurate info about the FE. If you are looking for accessories like the cargo or rubber floor mats then go to https://www.levittownfordparts.com or you can use your ford pts after you've purchased the car. I bought my mats and dashcam (front/rear) from them and saved a bunch. There's a thread about the ford points but I am not sure if we ever figured out the correct conversion from Freedom dollars to Ford points.

Ash426

Big Bend
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
My Dealer is Shults and I have a feeling a lot of the BS in the rust belt area are being delivered today or this weekend. Shults only had updates when it shipped from Mexico and when it arrived in Ohio and when it trucked over to PA. I could've asked for more updates but didn't want to be "that dude". The Palsapp did/does say Lordstown Ohio and if you google map it, you can see the HUGE railyard.

Also wasn't sure if I made this clear but based on other members, the location in the USA doesn't really factor into the timeframe of delivery. I've read of people in Southern Cali still taking 2 weeks from their ship date and I have countless number of VINs in the rust belt area that took 2 weeks exactly to deliver from Mexico.
I’m in Ohio and mine shipped 2/16 as well. The PalsApp hasn’t updated at all though.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m in Ohio and mine shipped 2/16 as well. The PalsApp hasn’t updated at all though.
Looks like quite a few of them shipped out on 2/16, it will be interesting to see how soon they start actually arriving at the dealerships.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My first edition is cactus gray,what color did you order?Should be in the next 5/8 days.
Cyber Orange.
My wife doesn't like it, she said it looks like a school bus, which means I won't have to worry about her wanting to drive it (yet).

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Since there seems to be quite a few people with 2/16 ship dates I created a separate post to track them.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Dealer emailed me this AM and said that it's been offloaded from the rail car and they should have it next week. This weekend would be great but I doubt it will happen that quickly.

Ash426

Big Bend
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Dealer emailed me this AM and said that it's been offloaded from the rail car and they should have it next week. This weekend would be great but I doubt it will happen that quickly.
By any chance did your window sticker date change when it got offloaded?

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
By any chance did your window sticker date change when it got offloaded?
I believe so.
The window sticker date changed on 2/24 (to 2/24) and according to what the dealer showed me it's status changed the following day to mark it's arrival & unloading. So I don't know if it was technically offloaded 2/24 but 2/25 is close enough for me.

SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
Haven’t seen him in person ,I have e mailed him a couple times and seemed very appreciative of his customers.He does have a following in the Pgh area. I am from the south hills area.what side of the rivers are you from? Good luck with your new car.

I have a friend that states he is a close friend with him but never talked to the guy. Heard good things though. Without giving away too much info, I live in the north hills but still in All. county.
Sponsored