Paint film, windshield film and Ceramic Coating

Davenorton

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BadLands/Badlands trim Black over rapid red.
Not for nothing...I am buying a BL/BL, so I can go out and play. I don't plan on breaking it on purpose, but I do anticipate losing a bit of new blush to the woods and wilderness.
Would the costly wraps and protection really be worth it?
I say no.
Sponsored

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
A question about ceramic coatings, does it or will it help protect the gloss black on the pillars and roof? I always clay bar, buff out and ceramic coat the paint but was wondering about preventing swirl marks on the shiny black parts...
I had this same thought as well. Yesterday I visited a detailer who talked me out of doing ceramic coating. He said you'd be better off just detailing those parts regularly and putting a good sealant on.

Mine already have swirl marks, and I've only hand washed the car. The black roof and pillars look great but they are swirl magnets.

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
OP
OP

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
The BS is at Valley Mars...

The Martians could not get the Windshield film installed. Exoshield ask him to remove the hood at which point the Martian decided to switched to plan B. He called to confirm the switch. I trust the man and gave him the go ahead. I will let you know what plan B is, as I don't remember and didn't get it written down. More to Come

OP
OP

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Here is what I had the Martians do to my BS for armor and polish. I will pick it up today and officially move out of the waiting room finally. We decided by a Martian suggestion on SharpShield Liquid Glass Protection - Sharpline Pro for the windshield.

Valley MARS - Home | Facebook
PPF Xpel Ultimate plus Installation
1790​
18" Hood & Fenders , Front Bumper
600​
All Pillars
300​
Door Handle Cups
50​
Rockers
400​
Doors Sills
100​
Door Edges
40​
Hatch Top
100​
Roof Edges
100​
Headlights
100​
Ceramic Coating
1200​
all exterior Paint & Film Xpel Fusion Plus
650​
all exterior Glass Xpel Glass
150​
Wheels Off Xpel Wheel & Calipers
400​
Ceramic Boost One Bottle
0​
Windshield and Misc
75​
Windshield Sharpshield 2x
75​
Bug Deflector, Window Vents & Bumper cover
0​
Total
3065​

Tracy P

Big Bend
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have recieved 2 quotes in New Jersey for PPF. Both shops quoted me about 1500-2500 to do the front end; fenders, bumpers and hood.

One shop gave me a generic quote of about 6750 for the whole vehicle in XPEL. The other quoted me about 3800 for the whole vehicle, based on photos he had of a big bend model, using Suntek.

Now I'm talking with a smaller detailer, who has experience with Xpel, and I think im going to do my front end with some other areas(rear fenders, the part above the windshield and possibly the pillars) for about $1500.
Where in NJ (which shops?) Please.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
I am having Xpel film applied tomorrow professionally. Getting my grill, side fenders, and hood done for $1150 tomorrow. The side mirrors and bumpers are plastic. He would not do those.

He had a large shop and showed me a red 2022 Corvette getting its first of three Xpel ceramic coatings. Unbelievable.

He quoted me over $1000 to do an Xpel ceramic coat. I laughed.

Surely you can do a ceramic shield on your own..
Sponsored