Paddle switch on the back of the wiper stalk

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
On my '21 BL + BL model (somehow w/o the rain sensitive wiper option :frown: ) I just noticed that there is a paddle switch on the back of the wiper stalk - that is it faces towards the front of the car. I only discovered it because I accidentally turned on the rear wiper and was trying to figure out how to turn it off (I never use it). I can't find it in the manual but I am thinking it might be a delay for the back window but that doesn't seem to be it. Anyone know?
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yeah, Badlands doesn't have rain sensing wipers.

The paddle on the back is the same as the paddle on the front. Move it and you'll see both sides move. One goes up, one goes down.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Controls the intermittent wiper speed.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
My Badlands build sheet states that it does have rain sensing wipers.

Ford Bronco Sport Paddle switch on the back of the wiper stalk Badlands Build Sheet
All bronco in Canada are with rain sensing wipers , it is a government thing there . I for one miss that option as I have had it for the last 30 years .First edition does not have all options, just saying . My rant for today .

Ford Bronco Sport Paddle switch on the back of the wiper stalk 4D507F67-2F17-4E90-B778-4AA229117941

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
I was just wondering this, I was under the impression that rain sensing wipers was part of copilot 360+, but I'm going through my sticker and can't find it mentioned at all in my Badlands ?

EDIT: just scoured through the settings and cockpit, no rain sensing wipers ?‍♂

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrl

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Do we all have this switch on the stalk? I've never noticed it.

Wonder if the rain-sensing wipers can be enabled via ForScan.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Or are you referring to the paddle shifters, the Badlands and First Editions have them standard so you can manually control the transmission.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
On my '21 BL + BL model (somehow w/o the rain sensitive wiper option :frown: ) I just noticed that there is a paddle switch on the back of the wiper stalk - that is it faces towards the front of the car. I only discovered it because I accidentally turned on the rear wiper and was trying to figure out how to turn it off (I never use it). I can't find it in the manual but I am thinking it might be a delay for the back window but that doesn't seem to be it. Anyone know?
Intermittent wiper cycle speed.

PDF page 79, print page 76.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_08_2020.pdf

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The switch on the back of the wiper stalk is for the automatic wiper settings.

OP
OP
magicbus

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The switch on the back of the wiper stalk is for the automatic wiper settings.
So the switch either does the same as the one in the front intermittent paddle or controls the automatic wipers. Hmm…. I guess I’ll have to play with it some more and report back.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So the switch either does the same as the one in the front intermittent paddle or controls the automatic wipers. Hmm…. I guess I’ll have to play with it some more and report back.
It's literally a through-hole control. One barrel, a tang off each side.

OP
OP
magicbus

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s pretty much what I thought you were describing. Thx.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Wiper with rain sensing have a circled A on the bottom intermittent setting. It needs to be in that with intermittent turned on for rain sensing to be on.
Rear wiper is controlled with the up down toggle on the end on the wiper control, I hit this a lot when I turn my wipers on full speed.
The paddle behind the wiper is for the Paddle shifter for the gears. That is the gear up, behind turn signal is gear down.

Reactions: Jrl

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you dont have rain sensing wipers then the switch is used to change the intermittent wipe interval from longest to shortest.
Sponsored