Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I've been working on some exterior mods to my OB edition to get set up for overlanding out here in CO. Really excited with how things have been turning out so far.

The only minor issue I've faced is with my RC lift. I took it out on a moderate off-roading trail and started noticing a clunking coming from loose sway bar bolts. Was able to take it into my local shop and all seems good now but will be going back out this weekend to see how it holds up. If more issues arise I'm considering switching to @FordBroncoLifts later in the summer.

No issues with anything else and love the more rugged look I've been able to put together. A list of what I've added so far:
  • RC 1.5" lift
  • Alpha Equip grey wheels
  • 245/70/r17 BFG KO2 tires (No rubbing with the lift but it is close)
  • RIGd multi-fit ultraswing with table mount accessory
  • Roofnest Sparrow Adventure root top tent
  • RC bull bar with 4" led lights
  • Crossbars from Yakima
  • Some FE style decals from vortexsigns

Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1975
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1993
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1994
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1996
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1999
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_2006
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_2007

Next up on my overlanding set up is determining a storage solution for inside the bronco. Right now I just have a bunch of cheap storage bins so if someone has ideas let me know!
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I've been working on some exterior mods to my OB edition to get set up for overlanding out here in CO. Really excited with how things have been turning out so far.

The only minor issue I've faced is with my RC lift. I took it out on a moderate off-roading trail and started noticing a clunking coming from loose sway bar bolts. Was able to take it into my local shop and all seems good now but will be going back out this weekend to see how it holds up. If more issues arise I'm considering switching to @FordBroncoLifts later in the summer.

No issues with anything else and love the more rugged look I've been able to put together. A list of what I've added so far:
  • RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

Next up on my overlanding set up is determining a storage solution for inside the bronco. Right now I just have a bunch of cheap storage bins so if someone has ideas let me know!
Nice rig! Looks really good.

OP
OP
Chasepoirier

Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
I love the look of the tire mount

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

Looks incredible! I have 2 questions:

1. Does the tire swing block the back up camera?

2. Do you have the moonroof and if so does it seem like there is any issue with the weight of the tent?

OP
OP
Chasepoirier

Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Looks incredible! I have 2 questions:

1. Does the tire swing block the back up camera?

2. Do you have the moonroof and if so does it seem like there is any issue with the weight of the tent?
1. Unfortunately yes it does block the back up camera. The same company that makes the tire swing also sells a camera relocation kit that is compatible with Ford tailgates, not sure if it will work for the Bronco though.

2. I do have a moonroof and the tent weighs 130lbs so I am technically 30lbs over the dynamic weight limit. I haven't found any issues, it's just a matter of being more cautious while making abrupt maneuvers.

OP
OP
Chasepoirier

Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Alright, a bit of an update after the first official overlanding trip in my Sport.

I spent my time on easy/moderate OHV trails out near Buena Vista, CO which received a good amount of rain while I was out there. This led to some fairly muddy conditions but absolutely no problem for the Sport. I flicked on the sand goat mode (figured was the best mode in my OB) and cruised through the mud/ruts like it was nothing, even at some steep inclines.

Once we found our campsite, set up with the hardshell RTT was extremely fast which was great due to the rainy conditions. When it came time to cook, the table mount on the tire swing definitely got plenty of use and combined with the factory lighting on the sport's tailgate it was a great set up for cooking once the sun went down.

Overall, I've been really impressed with the Sports capabilities, even without the additional off-roading config you get on the BL model. You may no be able to hit the craziest trails in it but for getting to those further off campsites that a typical SUV can't make it to is where the Sport shines.

I'll share more details as I work on internal storage solutions for future overlanding trips but in the meantime enjoy some photos of the Bronco in it's natural habitat :wink:

Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 01
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 02.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 03
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 04
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 05
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 06.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 07.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 08
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 09

ChupaKobra

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

VERY jealous of this setup! Curious about your typical MPG? Guessing you get a little help being at elevation in Denver.
Will be up in Lafayette & Estes Park in September, hope to see you on the trails!

LilKim

Badlands
First Name
LilKim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport BL
Alright, a bit of an update after the first official overlanding trip in my Sport.

I spent my time on easy/moderate OHV trails out near Buena Vista, CO which received a good amount of rain while I was out there. This led to some fairly muddy conditions but absolutely no problem for the Sport. I flicked on the sand goat mode (figured was the best mode in my OB) and cruised through the mud/ruts like it was nothing, even at some steep inclines.

Once we found our campsite, set up with the hardshell RTT was extremely fast which was great due to the rainy conditions. When it came time to cook, the table mount on the tire swing definitely got plenty of use and combined with the factory lighting on the sport's tailgate it was a great set up for cooking once the sun went down.

Overall, I've been really impressed with the Sports capabilities, even without the additional off-roading config you get on the BL model. You may no be able to hit the craziest trails in it but for getting to those further off campsites that a typical SUV can't make it to is where the Sport shines.

I'll share more details as I work on internal storage solutions for future overlanding trips but in the meantime enjoy some photos of the Bronco in it's natural habitat :wink:

Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 01
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 02.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 03
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 04
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 05
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 06.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 07.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 08
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB 09
can you link the tent?