Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
S’up Bronco Sport Fans!

Another trip to Overland Expo, this time in Oregon for the Pacific Northwest show.
There seemed to be more BRONCOS on the grounds than at the WEST show and I did see a BS or two at the campsite. Bronco Nation had their own encampment outside the show with canvas style tents- very chuck wagon like. However, I did not visit them this time because I was so overwhelmed with all the vendors inside the show. I was able to see a whole batch of “my local vendors” compared to WEST. There were Washington, Oregon , Californian , and SF Bay Area companies and manufacturers. Meet a few from Utah while wearing my FORD Off-Roadeo Utah shirt. Represent!

So here is the deal… I asked many vendors “Anything for the Bronco Sport?” …Short answer NO. Now I know there are companies on this forum that have the off-road gear and mods we are all buying. Most of those guys were NOT at this show. (Belltech was there- that’s another post) So I am talking to manufacturers that are not even considering the BS. I got a few…”we don’t have a BS to develop on” or “not now but in the future”. I get it…I found myself starting to be an advocate and promoter of BS owners out there.

Moving on, Overlanding is for all and there are so many products and gear that are not related to or dependent on what kind of rig you got. Those vendors were engaging and were educational to talk to. I talked to engineers about lithium batteries, designers and craftsmen of fire pits, bulbar clamps, trailers, campers, camp tools, bear locks, dehydrated food meals and camp stoves to name a few.

We took part in the Overland Expo Foundation Raffle- sorry I did not win the set of 5 Maxxis 40” tires. I must mention there was a “kid” (20 something) with ONE ticket sitting at the table in front of ours- Dude won a $500 gift card compared to my 50 tickets of winning nothing. I guess the Foundation wins. They had a good variety of food trucks and a Crown Royal mobile bar golf cart driving all over. Pro tip- bring a cargo wagon to haul your ice chest of drinks/food and any gear you might buy.

I only did 3 classes: Off Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding (more on that in another post), Baja Like Nowhere Else and Winter Camping and Overlanding. There is a mix of vendor product demos, hands-on skills training, YouTube content creators meet and greets, DIY rig showcases, and a variety of expert Overlanders sharing their experiences and knowledge of “how’s it done”. Show ends at 5pm with a Happy Hour live music until 7pm. Then there are after parties in various booth locations and a film festival till about 9 or10 pm. If you camp out there- then you are set- in and out privileges. If you go on a 1-day pass- you might need to stay on the show grounds, we saw some having difficulties getting back in from the parking lot after 5pm on Friday. A 3-day Weekend pass is available as well.

The next show is August 25-27, 2023 at THE RANCH, Loveland, CO
Overland Expo- Mountain West
Check it out if you can and if you ask the question “Anything for the Bronco Sport?” - you might get an answer, “You know there was a guy in Arizona and Oregon asking the same thing.”
Don’t forget to grab the Overland Sourcebook- has all the vendors from all the shows this year.
Critics acclaim
“Better than Google Search!”
“Let your fingers do the overlanding”
“Hey! There’s no phone numbers- only websites!”

Here is a highlight reel from Overland YouTube Channel
Sponsored

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
I am going to the Colorado one but only on Friday. Hoping to get some good deals on some stuff.