rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
So I took a moment to prep for the season. I'll need these for Silver Lake dunes in Mears, Michigan. Anyone have other more or less local suggestions to keep my BS BL from spending 100% of the time on pavement?
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories IMG_1271
Sponsored

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Very nice, how was the rest of the trail? I plan on going that way soon myself. Do you feel like you needed a spotter for most of it?
It was hairier than expected. This was last spring and it was pretty washed out from the snow melt. Definitely required some careful lines. A spotter wasn't 100% necessary, but it certainly helped me get through with only a broken mudflap. You will need to air down your tires, and bring some traction boards (though I didn't end up needing mine that day).
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories PXL_20220528_172512414

This was the very first real obstacle and it was sketchy but doable. Photo doesn't do the height justice.
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories PXL_20220528_175809902.MP

The video I posted was the bypass to this, around the halfway mark at the quartz mine.
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories PXL_20220528_192604083.MP

The way back down didn't have any obstacles, but still had lots of rocks to smack if you weren't paying attention.
Ford Bronco Sport Offroading, Overlanding, Wheelin', and More... Share Your Stories PXL_20220528_202858518.MP

A lift would definitely have made this less stressful, but it was still a good time. I recommend going West to East to make the obstacles easier. East to West, which is what I did, had me climbing through the more technical parts. Traction was never once an issue, only clearance.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Just got back from Moab. Hit the south loop of Fins and Things and had a blast. That makes 1 notably difficult rock crawl a year, but I don't think I'll hit anything that gnarly again until I get better plates, some rock rails, and the 2.5" HRG lift.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just got back from Moab. Hit the south loop of Fins and Things and had a blast. That makes 1 notably difficult rock crawl a year, but I don't think I'll hit anything that gnarly again until I get better plates, some rock rails, and the 2.5" HRG lift.
Clearly, this is not your average crossover SUV. Well done!
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl