SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hyperdip! From dipyourcar.com it's a higher quality Plasti dip if you're not familiar. It's an interesting color. When the sunlight hits it just right it's a more vibrant orange close to the cyber orange. Otherwise it's a burnt orange color. You put down about 6 layers of regular ole black plasti dip after your 2 layers of 50% coverage, then you do 2 layers of Hyperdip color 50% coverage, and finish off at least 6 more layers. I lost count of how many layers I did of the color. Somewhere around 8-10.

I'm here to help so ask as many more questions as you want. I'll try to get to ya ASAP

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_084809

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_085550

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_091038

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_092002

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_110558

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_111530

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_113448

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_143752

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_184910

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_185040

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_185050

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210927_111210

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210927_111222
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hyperdip! From dipyourcar.com it's a higher quality Plasti dip if you're not familiar. It's an interesting color. When the sunlight hits it just right it's a more vibrant orange close to the cyber orange. Otherwise it's a burnt orange color. You put down about 6 layers of regular ole black plasti dip after your 2 layers of 50% coverage, then you do 2 layers of Hyperdip color 50% coverage, and finish off at least 6 more layers. I lost count of how many layers I did of the color. Somewhere around 8-10.

I'm here to help so ask as many more questions as you want. I'll try to get to ya ASAP

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_084809

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_085550

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_091038

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_092002

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_110558

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_111530

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_113448

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_143752

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_184910

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_185040

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210926_185050

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210927_111210

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread 20210927_111222
Wow that sounds & looks like quite the process! But the results speak for themselves, it honestly looks like you found new letters rather than just the vinyl overlay decals. Incredible! But I do just appreciate again all the help you’ve given with pics now to get me to order a twin of yours. While totally blending into the parking lot, it has to be one of the rarer color combos I’m sure, yet it looks fantastic! I won’t be a complete twin though, as this process looks a little beyond my comfort zone. I’d thought about orange decals (thanks to that thread with the orange lug nuts, & wondering what else you could do for orange highlights) but yeah I’m not real familiar with plastidip.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow that sounds & looks like quite the process! But the results speak for themselves, it honestly looks like you found new letters rather than just the vinyl overlay decals. Incredible! But I do just appreciate again all the help you’ve given with pics now to get me to order a twin of yours. While totally blending into the parking lot, it has to be one of the rarer color combos I’m sure, yet it looks fantastic! I won’t be a complete twin though, as this process looks a little beyond my comfort zone. I’d thought about orange decals (thanks to that thread with the orange lug nuts, & wondering what else you could do for orange highlights) but yeah I’m not real familiar with plastidip.
It just takes a little practice. Hyperdip sends you everything you need when you buy the emblem kit. I always encourage those who are new to it to pick up a $4 can of black plasti dip (exactly the same I used here) and pic some random object in your house to spray so you get a feel for the technique in order for your finished product to come out how you want. Dripping is really the only thing that can occur and all you do is peel it off and do it again. You CAN'T screw it up permanently. It does seem daunting but once you get good at it you'll realize how silly a thought it was. I screwed 2 letters on the back letters when I was new to this and had to peel and redo those 2 letters. No big deal as long as you keep track of your layers then they'll come out exactly like the others.

It would be nice to have a twin. I feel this color combo is rare and the "Steelie" wheels are a great pair for the top.

Pic 1: just showing you the finished result of the shadow black Hyperdip. Satin smooth finish.

Pic 2: what the emblem looked like before Hyperdip

Pic 3: the very BIG difference in quality of Hyperdip vs plasti dip. Hyperdip on the right.

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210618_090207

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210716_230234

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210725_104540

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It just takes a little practice. Hyperdip sends you everything you need when you buy the emblem kit. I always encourage those who are new to it to pick up a $4 can of black plasti dip (exactly the same I used here) and pic some random object in your house to spray so you get a feel for the technique in order for your finished product to come out how you want. Dripping is really the only thing that can occur and all you do is peel it off and do it again. You CAN'T screw it up permanently. It does seem daunting but once you get good at it you'll realize how silly a thought it was. I screwed 2 letters on the back letters when I was new to this and had to peel and redo those 2 letters. No big deal as long as you keep track of your layers then they'll come out exactly like the others.

It would be nice to have a twin. I feel this color combo is rare and the "Steelie" wheels are a great pair for the top.

Pic 1: just showing you the finished result of the shadow black Hyperdip. Satin smooth finish.

Pic 2: what the emblem looked like before Hyperdip

Pic 3: the very BIG difference in quality of Hyperdip vs plasti dip. Hyperdip on the right.

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210618_090207

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210716_230234

Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210725_104540
Yes, just looking over this thread, I’d agree that this has to be a rare combo. A couple others have posted it yes, but I think this has to be one of the most distinctive combos this side of cyber orange, at least if you’re like me & don’t want it to stand out in a parking lot or attracting unwanted attention flying down the freeway. Big bend, with gray grill/wheels gets the silver (body color) roof (as does base). Outer banks gets a black roof matching its greater black trim & wheels, but only BL gets the carbon gray option & it really does appear to work to tie together the wheels.

The ‘steelies’ have to be one of the most interesting oem wheel designs offered, the lighter silver really seems to highlight them well, as opposed to having a carbon gray body. I don’t think I’ll regret going this way when I see mine in the metal in a few months.

Thanks too for the tips on dips. Your results look awesome! I’ll be sure to find something sacrificial to practice on first if I start going down that road.

Rob_Broncowski

Big Bend
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Here is mine the other day after a fresh ceramic coating!
No mods other than some bigger Yokohama Geolander tires and added rear rubber seat mats.
I am considering the bushwacker fender flares but I haven’t come across anyone with iconic silver who has them. I’d like to get an idea of how they look before pulling the trigger!
Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread B570348E-5AFA-4C23-8C83-EA47DCB35031

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Here is mine the other day after a fresh ceramic coating!
No mods other than some bigger Yokohama Geolander tires and added rear rubber seat mats.
I am considering the bushwacker fender flares but I haven’t come across anyone with iconic silver who has them. I’d like to get an idea of how they look before pulling the trigger!
Ford Bronco Sport Official ICONIC SILVER Bronco Sport Thread B570348E-5AFA-4C23-8C83-EA47DCB35031
Which ceramic coating did you use? I went with Griots this time.

Rob_Broncowski

Big Bend
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which ceramic coating did you use? I went with Griots this time.
I went with the CarPro CQuartz. I’ve used some CarPro stuff before so I thought I would give it a try.
For maintenance washes, I just recently bought a bunch of different stuff to try out. Various stuff from Adams to Gyeon, and even some of the new turtle wax graphene paste wax. I did pick up Griots 3-In-1 Ceramic Detailer to give a shot as well (the green liquid). As much as everyone try’s to hate on the stuff, I even restocked some of my Chemical Guys stuff. I used CG exclusively on my Jaguar, from their basic stuff to their ‘Hydro’ ceramic stuff and I honestly never had any issues and a lot of complements on how my cars looked.
We’re supposed to have a nice weekend ahead of us and I’m pretty excited to try some different stuff out!

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I went with the CarPro CQuartz. I’ve used some CarPro stuff before so I thought I would give it a try.
For maintenance washes, I just recently bought a bunch of different stuff to try out. Various stuff from Adams to Gyeon, and even some of the new turtle wax graphene paste wax. I did pick up Griots 3-In-1 Ceramic Detailer to give a shot as well (the green liquid). As much as everyone try’s to hate on the stuff, I even restocked some of my Chemical Guys stuff. I used CG exclusively on my Jaguar, from their basic stuff to their ‘Hydro’ ceramic stuff and I honestly never had any issues and a lot of complements on how my cars looked.
We’re supposed to have a nice weekend ahead of us and I’m pretty excited to try some different stuff out!
Had my last vehicle (2019 Kia Stinger) professional treated with CQuartz; it came out looking like wet glass. I have had good results with Chemical Guys on my own. Went with Griots this time because I wanted to try their synthetic clay bar system. Very happy with the results.

Rob_Broncowski

Big Bend
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had my last vehicle (2019 Kia Stinger) professional treated with CQuartz; it came out looking like wet glass. I have had good results with Chemical Guys on my own. Went with Griots this time because I wanted to try their synthetic clay bar system. Very happy with the results.
I’ve heard nothing but great things about Griots, and I wouldn’t be opposed to picking up a few more of their supplies. Price to performance on the Griots seems pretty good.

ATXDave

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX
Bumping…because I like the pictures. Anxiously waiting for mine to be built. 😀