Off-Roading around Silverton!

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
This was taken on the road between Silverton and Animas Forks (back wheel is in the air)

They must have had a major storm earlier this year, because almost all of the roads were much rougher than usual (small stuff that filled in cracks washed away) and several roads had heavy equipment out repairing washouts

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Roading around Silverton! IMG_20210910_161551924_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited:

sentient64

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, Mini Cooper S, Bronco Sport
We did Cinnamon Pass, Mineral Creek through Poughkeepsie Gulch, and Hurricane pass in our Xterra Labor day weekend and the regulars said it was the worst they had seen it in a long time. We had planned on doing Engineer Pass but we ran into a 4runner that had broken an A-arm on it so we skipped it.

Just got our Sport last week and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't of taken it any further than Animas Forks as well though its still a beautiful drive. Looking forward to what the aftermarket brings out for the sport so I'm not so worried about taking it further. Hopefully its better than what we have available for the Xterra.

OP
OP
endrMinr

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Just a quick update: I managed to puncture a tiny hole in the middle of the tread of one of the wheels, but it was leaking so slowly I did not find it at first. It was easily fixed though. So the Falken Wildpeaks are not the most durable in intense offroading through very rocky terrain. They are 4+2 ply, so decent but certainly not load range E, 10+ply rock crawling tires.
Sponsored