Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
S’up Bronco Sport Fans!

I attended an ARB(y) demo class at the Overland Expo-PNW presented by none other than @BrianOntheTrail FORD’s Off-Roadeo Utah Trail Guide. Of course, I was wearing my merch from there so Brian gave me a big hello and I was like “he remembers me!”- LOL
He had only 50 minutes so I knew it was not going to be too in-depth or hands-on.
The mix of people were from “we just bought his & hers jeeps” to “yeah I recovered with a metal chain before and I LIKED IT”
He gave 6 steps to go though as you do a recovery , of course, I did not write them down or asked him about later- maybe he will reply to this post with all 6.
What I do remember is (not in order)
  1. Don’t Panic, Stay Calm- assess the situation before you go whip out the winch and tree saver.
  2. Use the right shackle and strap for the job
  3. Don’t pull at double digits
  4. Don’t “go forward - move ahead it's not too late to [back it up] so whip it whip good. " (DEVO fans get it.)
  5. Be Proactive with traction boards- place them ahead if need be. Carry 2 sets (total 4) if going out there solo vehicle.
Here are some pictures of the class. Enjoy!

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights BigBrian.JPG

THE MAN ....THE LEGEND..... @BrianOntheTrail

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights Big Boards.JPG

WEAR GLOVES AND CARRY TRACTION BOARDS

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights BigSoftSnap.JPG

SOFT SHACKLE HOOKUP WITH SNATCH STRAP

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights Big MetalSnap.JPG

METAL SHACKLE WITH SNATCH STRAP

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights BigSnap.JPG

SNATCH STRAP WITH 3FT OF SLACK BEFORE YOU PULL

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights BigSoftTree.JPG

SAVE THE TREES! TREAD LIGHTLY

Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road Recovery Gear Essentials for Overlanding Class Highlights BigBrian.JPG
Sponsored

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Very cool stuff. In Florida, we don't have much of off-roading outside of mudding. But vividly remember my time in SoCal and Arizona in the late 90s. and being in a few dicey situations with, thankfully, off-road savvy friends. I still look back on it to this day, and wonder how we got out of those "off road predicaments".

For that reason, I'm a binge watcher of Matt's Off Road Recovery on Youtube.

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Very cool stuff. In Florida, we don't have much of off-roading outside of mudding. But vividly remember my time in SoCal and Arizona in the late 90s. and being in a few dicey situations with, thankfully, off-road savvy friends. I still look back on it to this day, and wonder how we got out of those "off road predicaments".

For that reason, I'm a binge watcher of Matt's Off Road Recovery on Youtube.
You might like Trail Mater , based in Moab.
Here’s the video of the time my buddies got stuck at Hell’s Revenge. They were trying to get me to go that day with my BS but I literally told them I was gonna go take a hike.
Watch at 09:51 towards the end unless you like go-carts.
Sponsored