Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
My wife and I are not off-roader enthusiasts. More like hiking, climbing and fly fishing enthusiasts that go off-road to get to our destinations. Last year we hiked Mt. Huron which is one of Colorado’s peaks above 14K. I found the attached video on YouTube prior to our outing and we elected to leave our Subaru Outback in the lower lot instead of driving up to the upper trailhead lot. This road is typical or even a bit tamer than what we tend to encounter. Maybe the Outback would have been just fine but I just want to have more confidence and less worries. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiolf62gdfwAhVEqp4KHc3yDY0QtwIwAHoECAUQAw&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkqh2faR8I&usg=AOvVaw1voXPSqWmeSwroZAaTlIP_
Sponsored

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks, Honda CB1100
My wife and I are not off-roader enthusiasts. More like hiking, climbing and fly fishing enthusiasts that go off-road to get to our destinations. Last year we hiked Mt. Huron which is one of Colorado’s peaks above 14K. I found the attached video on YouTube prior to our outing and we elected to leave our Subaru Outback in the lower lot instead of driving up to the upper trailhead lot. This road is typical or even a bit tamer than what we tend to encounter. Maybe the Outback would have been just fine but I just want to have more confidence and less worries. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiolf62gdfwAhVEqp4KHc3yDY0QtwIwAHoECAUQAw&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkqh2faR8I&usg=AOvVaw1voXPSqWmeSwroZAaTlIP_
I think either the Badlands or the Outer Banks would handle that trail just fine.

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I think either the Badlands or the Outer Banks would handle that trail just fine.
I don’t disagree and we waivered back and forth between OB and BL. Chose BL to be on the safe side. Another factor was having more HP to more comfortably drive up paved mountain passes loaded up with gear. Again OB would probably be fine but preferred to err on the safe side.

Sig Oris

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSOB
Hello! ? I have been looking at the BS for almost a year now, and still cant decide what to get. I live rural so I was looking more at the BL, but the OB seems just as nice and as capable for my needs. I want to know what people think of their OB or BL, and would they have gone for the OB or BL instead of their choice. Thank you in advance, as orders are closed I guess I get a little bit of time now lol.
FWIW, my wife test drove a BL and OB. She went with OB for the comfort features over the off road features. She traded a 18 Escape Titanium and thus far doesn’t miss the novelty features. We did have the dealer install the Falken Wildpeak AT’s which are standard on the BL.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

JP25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I test drove both, and went with the OB for the comfort and convenience upgrades. I spent the first 30 years of my life in Upstate NY driving year round through snowstorms, ice storms, etc. in FWD vehicles before spending some time overseas and moving to NOVA when I returned, so the OB is a big upgrade for me as it is and will be plenty good for me down here. If I was into off-roaring the Badlands would’ve had a lot more pull to me, but I’ve never been. I’d like to try some low-grade stuff with the OB eventually though.

LeftyLynn

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I tested the OB and the BL + BL package in January and the BL easily won out. I haven't got confirmation from anywhere that both models use different seats, but there was a HUGE difference in the comfort of the seats in the BL for me. Of course there's other things that swayed me to the BL, but the seats were the major seller.

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tested the OB and the BL + BL package in January and the BL easily won out. I haven't got confirmation from anywhere that both models use different seats, but there was a HUGE difference in the comfort of the seats in the BL for me. Of course there's other things that swayed me to the BL, but the seats were the major seller.
You sure you tested an Outer Banks? The seats in my Outer Banks are incredible and they have electronic adjustments for every aspect of the seat.

Looking at the BL package, the only things my OB don’t have are the B&O Sound, Moonroof, and Wireless Charging Pad. My Seats are the same as those included in the BL package.

Last edited:

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
We test drove the OB and thought the seats were too uncomfortable so we were just going to pass. But the dealer had a BL with the cloth seats and they were a world of difference for us. We ended up buying the BL with the cloth seats and absolutely love it.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We test drove the OB and thought the seats were too uncomfortable so we were just going to pass. But the dealer had a BL with the cloth seats and they were a world of difference for us. We ended up buying the BL with the cloth seats and absolutely love it.
I agree, it's not your typical cloth seat tho. Super comfy

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life and our winters range every year from mild to absolutely brutal. I've had FWD vehicles since I turned 16 and have always had to drive especially careful and avoid driving when it's inconvenient.

NO MORE! Bronco First Edition purchased! I initially test drove a Big Bend and found the engine to be fine, I didn't have any issues. I saw the creature comforts of the Outer Banks and really liked those, but then I saw the improved capability of the Badlands and I thought about those brutal winters again and well... SOLD.

I went to build a badlands /w my dealer and they're like "you know, you could just get this first edition we have on the way" and that was pretty much it.

The 2.0 feels MUCH more responsive than the 1.5 and I am much more confident in preparation for this winter. That and well... you know, first edition ;)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You sure you tested an Outer Banks? The seats in my Outer Banks are incredible and they have electronic adjustments for every aspect of the seat.

Looking at the BL package, the only things my OB don’t have are the B&O Sound, Moonroof, and Wireless Charging Pad. My Seats are the same as those included in the BL package.
I used to think the +Badlands package simply added the same seat as the Outer Banks, but I'm not as sure anymore. Just for one example, the Badlands still has the under seat storage even with the leather upgrade. The seat cover is different for sure, the frame and bolsters might also be slightly different.

This thread is what had me thinking more about it:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/anyone-seen-both-the-outer-banks-and-badlands-leather-seats-which-is-nicer.1457/

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to think the +Badlands package simply added the same seat as the Outer Banks, but I'm not as sure anymore. Just for one example, the Badlands still has the under seat storage even with the leather upgrade. The seat cover is different for sure, the frame and bolsters might also be slightly different.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/anyone-seen-both-the-outer-banks-and-badlands-leather-seats-which-is-nicer.1457/
Actually they don't, you would need the BL Package to get the same seats that are standard in the Outer Banks edition. Of course if you wanted the creature comforts of the OB and the extra capability of the BL all rolled into one, you could get the First Edition.

Our seats all have the leather accents and cushions, both the driver and passenger are powered seats. The drivers seat has an 8 way automatic adjustable seat and the passenger has a 6 way automatic adjustable seat.

Fuzzball

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

These are what my seats look like, that thread seemed to indicate they OB were a blue leather and that's not what I have. These seats are awesome and very comfortable. Also, they don't have any suede on them at all, so I don't have to worry about that getting damaged.

Ford Bronco Sport OB or BL? tempImage2E2bq4

Ford Bronco Sport OB or BL? tempImageEvhl39

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
These are what my seats look like, that thread seemed to indicate they OB were a blue leather and that's not what I have. These seats are awesome and very comfortable. Also, they don't have any suede on them at all, so I don't have to worry about that getting damaged.

Ford Bronco Sport OB or BL? tempImage2E2bq4

Ford Bronco Sport OB or BL? tempImageEvhl39
Same seats, different color. OB/FE just have "navy pier" whereas Badlands has the color in your pictures.
Sponsored